Fatigue & Player Performance Topic

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but was hoping some of the long time players could offer some feedback. My question is about fatigue and how it effects player performance. Does a certain amount of fatigue, say a player performing when down to 98 or 99 percent actually help the player perform better? Perhaps because all that player's IP or PAs are being optimized without being taxed???

Also do pitchers and hitters react differently to fatigue? In other words, might fatigue cause a pitcher to perform worse than at 100% and perhaps a hitter performs better.

I also notice that in advanced settings, AAA players default to auto rest at 80%. Does this mean that AAA players can be run down more in regards to fatigue than a typical player???

Any insights would be appreciated.
11/14/2013 4:57 AM
By the way, a typical non AAA player has a 98% setting automatically populate in advanced settings, hence my question about AAA players above.
11/14/2013 4:59 AM
11/14/2013 9:42 AM
i read your thread i found alot of very useful information about fatigue thanks.the 1 question i have is does your theory of above 93% apply to minor leaguers or do you think their fatigue level can go lower and still perform. I have a guy hitting .340/.460/.610 i would like to keep him in at lower fatigue levels but i dont want to burn him up  . also will a minor leaguer  recoup the same from say 85% as a star player will,
11/14/2013 10:17 AM
also any one have any thoughts on deciphering the stamina ratings of minor leaguers
11/14/2013 10:23 AM
Fatigue works exactly the same for minor leaguers as it does for everyone else.

There is a very good thread (essential reading) called "AAA - Just the Charts" which explains all the AAA ratings and helps you identify who the players really are.

There is another good thread (shameless self-promotion...I posted it) at the very top of the SimLeague Baseball Forum called "Celebrating the Best of the SLB Forums" which includes a lot of helpful links, including the link the AAA thread I just mentioned.
11/14/2013 10:49 AM
thanks i will read that right now
11/14/2013 11:01 AM
so based on what i read my player mentioned above who has ratings of 6/6/6/C is really just hitting over his head and will probably come back to earth?
11/14/2013 11:08 AM
Frazzman80...right after I posted this I did indeed see your thread. Good info.  I am curious why in the defaults AAA players show they need rest at 80% in advanced standings while regular players default at 98%.  Contrarian I find you are usually right on, but if AAA fatigue the same as regular players why would the makers of the game set those defaults?  Just curious. 
11/14/2013 11:35 AM
Posted by cwillis802 on 11/14/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Frazzman80...right after I posted this I did indeed see your thread. Good info.  I am curious why in the defaults AAA players show they need rest at 80% in advanced standings while regular players default at 98%.  Contrarian I find you are usually right on, but if AAA fatigue the same as regular players why would the makers of the game set those defaults?  Just curious. 
The 98% is the default setting that WIS has when you enter your team. This auto-sets your autorest when you team generates. The AAA are at 80% because they are not on your team when your enter it and WIS has this as their default.

You can change the 98% to whatever number you want and every team you load will load at that percentage (for example, mine is set at 97% for hitters and 99% for pitchers). From your Team Center Home Page, Click the "Edit User Settings" link under your Active Teams (this is above the Refer Friend$ icon). You can also sort your teams in other ways than alphabetical, hide all game results, and tell the sim how you will possibly use your pitchers. You can even tell it to auto update your defensive reps, rest and pinch hitters when you make a AAA call up.

All of this will change the way the sim recommends things for you and sets your preseason hierarchies.
11/14/2013 3:04 PM (edited)
so are you saying there is no significance to the 80% for the AAA players its just a arbitrary number that WIS attaches to them
11/14/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by rjj4191 on 11/14/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
so are you saying there is no significance to the 80% for the AAA players its just a arbitrary number that WIS attaches to them
The 80% number is apparently WIS' default for auto-rest and I do not know why they use this number. The AAA players will show the same fatigue effects as regular players, so playing them fatigued is not a wise idea unless you want their fielding and hitting to suffer.
11/14/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by rjj4191 on 11/14/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
so based on what i read my player mentioned above who has ratings of 6/6/6/C is really just hitting over his head and will probably come back to earth?
yes, 2004 hee shop choi should come back down a bit
11/14/2013 3:19 PM
thanks that helps alot
11/14/2013 4:11 PM
Thanks frazz!
11/19/2013 6:58 AM
Fatigue & Player Performance Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.