I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

Here's something I just don't understand:

- we can pretty much trace the decline of this site to when Fox took over (I'm not a Fox basher, I'm not a Fox lover, just making an observation);

- there is no way this site makes Fox a lot of money: the stock didn't soar on the acquisition of WIS, nor would it swoon if WIS was sold;

- to my knowledge, Fox does not have a competing site;

- given all that, why the $^@( did Fox buy WIS?
12/16/2013 7:44 PM
I've been here since sometime in the summer of 2000, started using this username mostly exclusively around 2005 or so, and always made sure to find or make time for the site. It was a true pleasure and an enjoyment. This site was also a much cheaper than any other escape or hobby and served as a much needed distraction during some of the most trying times of my life. However, over the last couple of years as I've gotten busier with work, Fox has done nothing to keep me making time for WIS: no updates, no feedback, nothing... 

The only thing keeping me here is the people... there's a handful of guys I love playing with and even though my time is much more limited than in the past, I keep coming back for the camaraderie. If most of these guys leave, I probably won't stick around either... and though I do mostly play for free, I run (or have run) a large number of test leagues and have put thousands of dollars into this site over my years here. 
12/17/2013 12:41 AM
Good points pinotfan. Maybe we should get a petition together to convince them to sell it either back to the original owners or to owners that would promise to be committed to it. 

12/17/2013 7:46 AM
Posted by just4me on 12/17/2013 12:41:00 AM (view original):
I've been here since sometime in the summer of 2000, started using this username mostly exclusively around 2005 or so, and always made sure to find or make time for the site. It was a true pleasure and an enjoyment. This site was also a much cheaper than any other escape or hobby and served as a much needed distraction during some of the most trying times of my life. However, over the last couple of years as I've gotten busier with work, Fox has done nothing to keep me making time for WIS: no updates, no feedback, nothing... 

The only thing keeping me here is the people... there's a handful of guys I love playing with and even though my time is much more limited than in the past, I keep coming back for the camaraderie. If most of these guys leave, I probably won't stick around either... and though I do mostly play for free, I run (or have run) a large number of test leagues and have put thousands of dollars into this site over my years here. 
I agree...the people that I've played in leagues with for a long time make this site worth coming back to. That's what's so great about progressives. You see the same people each season and can really get to know people you play leagues with.
12/17/2013 9:38 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by italyprof on 12/17/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I stay cause boogerlips is here. period.
I second that!
12/18/2013 7:35 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 12/18/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I ONLT STAY BECAUSE OF THE HOT CHAT WITH ELDERLY FEMALES.

...oh wait, that's a different site...
Are you sure?
12/18/2013 11:41 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 12/18/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I ONLT STAY BECAUSE OF THE HOT CHAT WITH ELDERLY FEMALES.

...oh wait, that's a different site...
You're thinking of the Republican Party boogerlips. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zetS51I0WwU

12/19/2013 5:05 AM
What if entire progressive leagues just stop being renewed? Or an organized boycott to stop playing until a new update came along?
12/19/2013 4:02 PM
I dont think that would work Seamar.  So you would validate your threat to quit by quitting?  Wouldn't accomplish anything.  
12/19/2013 11:03 PM
If Progressive leagues just stopped when their current season ended...and owners told WIS why the league was not being renewed, would that not have some effect one way or another? Do Progressives represent the most "loyal" customers of SLB? i would think that they do. And if they just stopped that would be a revenue stream stopped as well. It's not quitting...it is saying "when you upgrade your product...like you said you were...we will be back...but not until."

Look at the "updates" on the revision...they are a joke...and not a word on what has been going on since the last update. If Fox is not going to support WIS, then they should jsut say so and let people pull the plug rather than die a slow lingering death. We know how long it takes leagues to fill...we know what the health of SLB is. Can anyone speak to the other facets of WIS? Football? Hockey? Hoops? etc?

12/20/2013 1:20 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 12/20/2013 1:20:00 AM (view original):
If Progressive leagues just stopped when their current season ended...and owners told WIS why the league was not being renewed, would that not have some effect one way or another? Do Progressives represent the most "loyal" customers of SLB? i would think that they do. And if they just stopped that would be a revenue stream stopped as well. It's not quitting...it is saying "when you upgrade your product...like you said you were...we will be back...but not until."

Look at the "updates" on the revision...they are a joke...and not a word on what has been going on since the last update. If Fox is not going to support WIS, then they should jsut say so and let people pull the plug rather than die a slow lingering death. We know how long it takes leagues to fill...we know what the health of SLB is. Can anyone speak to the other facets of WIS? Football? Hockey? Hoops? etc?

I play a couple of football seasons each Christmas in a friends and family league, and the same thing is happening on the football side... lots of complaints from longtime users about a lack of updates and communication from admin. 

I've only occasionally ventured into hockey and basketball, but unless things have changed recently, there were some grumblings on the basketball side about Fox letting sim basketball just die (just check out the last two pages of the feedback thread and it'll make you feel like they actually care about the baseball side). Given the state of affairs in these three sports, I don't imagine the story is much different on the hockey side. 
12/20/2013 4:46 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
I think I'm nearing the end of the line... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.