Shouldn't These Runs Be Earned? Topic

Hey guys,

I find it peculiar that Trevor Cahill on the 8787 Toronto Tigers gave up 10 runs but only 2 were earned, and only 1 error was made...is this wrong/screwy or am I missing something?

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=24383495&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=0

4/17/2015 10:28 PM
If Whitaker hadn't made the error, the inning would have ended.  Every run that scored thereafter is unearned.
4/17/2015 10:37 PM
what kind of league is this????  all hitting no pitching???
4/18/2015 3:39 PM
I've always wanted to run a league like this and had a nice little windfall to make it happen.  All 12 teams play at Los Angeles Wrigley Field and have the same pitching staff...the top 5 salaried pitchers from the 1988 Montreal Expos and the top 5 from the 2013 Arizona Diamondbacks.  I combined the best hitters from 2 team seasons to make each team, but it looks like the pitching is too soft, especially considering the park factor.  If I do this again, I will make sure the pitching is a bit better equipped, but I'm intrigued to see how this is going thus far.
4/19/2015 1:12 PM
Shouldn't These Runs Be Earned? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.