Favorite school FSS Topic

How much does being a player's favorite school help in recruiting?   I'm lower level D+ school.   Had 2 players show up as my school as their favorite.  #4 PG wouldn't give me a visit, and the HS coach laughed at my assistant at scouting trip.  I can understand that, although seems like favorite school would count for something.   Other player #32 PG, I was initially being considered by him.  But was quickly knocked off his list by a C+ school.  Here again, I would think favorite school would count for something.   Any input here would be appreciated.
10/28/2010 3:20 PM
Not much at all
10/28/2010 3:26 PM

To quote an old cliche - It is about as useful as a screendoor in a submarine. The value it carries is so minimal that it's only value would be in an absolute tie. The Close to Home, Far Away consideration is just as worthless.

10/28/2010 4:57 PM
Seems like if nobody BUT the C+ ever gets on that #32 PG you might be able to beat that school...  Likely somebody else will knock him off in turn, though.
10/28/2010 5:12 PM
It's as if WIS has tried to create the perception that recruiting is a more robust excercise (more than just a modified auction, which is all it really is), without actually putting any significant weight into these new elements. After all, if such an "advantage" as favorite school actually helped a team get a recruit, you can bet those not lucky enough to get such favoritism re: coveted recruits would be pretty ticked at this random disadvantage. So WIS simply added some window dressing, wtih no real weight, and called it a day.
10/28/2010 5:31 PM
Ignore it use the messages you get from calls.  The only good fss info is potential and if in a battle it gives a little insight
10/28/2010 8:17 PM
The favorite school thing does matter, just not a lot.  It is worth about 10% extra.  So kind of a buy 9 HV get one free.  It won't change things much, but can help in a close battle.  Same thing with close/far, but I think far helps 360mi+ schools a lot more. 

So in your example D+ and favorite school is probably worth about the same as a C-.  You need to out-effort your opponent who is a C+ by 1.5 x or so.  Without the favorite school you would need 1.7 times the effort.  (Roughly)
10/29/2010 3:19 PM
Favorite school FSS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.