*For New Players*: Mentor List Topic

thmscrn3, I see that your team is running a fastbreak offense.  This is an offense that fatigues your players much quicker so it is important to use your depth to keep your players fresh.  I noticed that you are only using 10 players each game you should use all 11 that you  have available. To have a successful fastbreak offense you need to have a deep bench of players with high ATH, SPD, and STA.  The nature of the fastbreak is very quick movements and quick passing so it is also important to have players with good BH and PAS attributes otherwise you will give up a ton of turnovers.  In order to use your depth you are going to have to get creative with your depth chart and your distribution settings so that the players with low attributes are just role players.  If you want more in depth tips and suggestions send me a sitemail. 

I am more then open to answer any questions for new coaches. Welcome!
1/13/2014 10:14 AM
I have two division 2 teams that run a full court press defense. As for my Central Missouri (Knight) team, I have the highest rated overall team for points in my division yet I am getting beaten and even slaughtered by teams with much lower rated players.  I think my shooting percentage is too low but after several seasons of trying all kinds of tweaks, I am at a loss.  Please help me to solve the team that is great on paper but does not get results (probably through coaching error)

Nuclearves (Jeff)
2/17/2014 7:36 PM
It is funny now but after writing my post, I figured out my problem was that my shooting percentage was too low and I was fouling too much.  I would still love to get feedback on my team, but I seem to have solved the problem.
2/19/2014 11:36 AM
I am the coach of South Arkansas Gulf South Conference Phelean. I just need a little advice and opinions on my team I run a motion and trying to run a combo zone/press defense
2/23/2014 2:55 PM
If I play FCP/2-3will my team be able to double team? Because it says teams in FCP can't double
3/9/2014 12:37 AM
I am the coach of Lewis in the GLV conference in Division 2 Rupp. Generally in my past seasons I have had problems I could correct or atleast have an idea on how to correct, but this years team I am having a hard time adjusting. I have had 4 games so far this season and my players are always fouling out or are close to fouling out. I have tried adjusting my scheme to adjust, but nothing seems to work yet. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
3/14/2014 10:38 AM
Posted by escholl2 on 3/9/2014 12:37:00 AM (view original):
If I play FCP/2-3will my team be able to double team? Because it says teams in FCP can't double
Yes, if use press/zone combo then it's only half court press than zone.
3/16/2014 7:50 PM
Posted by cstruck23 on 3/14/2014 10:38:00 AM (view original):
I am the coach of Lewis in the GLV conference in Division 2 Rupp. Generally in my past seasons I have had problems I could correct or atleast have an idea on how to correct, but this years team I am having a hard time adjusting. I have had 4 games so far this season and my players are always fouling out or are close to fouling out. I have tried adjusting my scheme to adjust, but nothing seems to work yet. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
I'm not in rupp, but if yiu send me your url link I can check itvout for u.4
3/16/2014 7:52 PM

Hello,i just wanted to introduce myself,I will be coaching Mt Union D3 Smith world starting next season. I was in here briefly way back in seasons 1 and 2-I actually did ok,I got to the elite 8-but I may be needing some basic recruiting tips. I only need one player for this year,a center. I will be running MTM defense and a motion offense. What are the best qualities I should look for in a center? My instinct tells me look for defense first. Any comments will be appreciated,I believe my recruiting period starts next week.

3/17/2014 5:29 PM
For a big, go ath, def, lp.
3/17/2014 7:10 PM
For a big, go ath, def, lp.
3/17/2014 7:11 PM
Hey if someone could look over my team and help me figure out who my best scoring options are. My team is Nebraska Omaha D2 in the smith world. 
3/24/2014 7:14 PM
Posted by crossan11 on 3/24/2014 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Hey if someone could look over my team and help me figure out who my best scoring options are. My team is Nebraska Omaha D2 in the smith world. 
From what I can see real quick, I would use Cole set distro to 8 at -2, Schroeder to 6 at +1, Gordon to 4 at -2, and Calvin to 4 at -1.  They are you're best scoring options in my opinion
3/25/2014 5:56 PM
Anyone still willing to mentor? New to the game and would love to stick around for a while. The game is so vast i'm worried i will get in over my head.

I'm in the Allen world, in the Iowa IAC, coach of Cornell.  (DIII)

Thanks in advance. 
3/27/2014 5:02 PM
I am also looking for a mentor. I am a real life coach, that just took a break from coaching to spend more time with family. I have that "itch" but need more family time so this will be my therapy lol
3/29/2014 5:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12 Next ▸
*For New Players*: Mentor List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.