OT- Bad day for B10 football Topic

Posted by _andrewbody_ on 1/2/2011 11:29:00 PM (view original):
buckeyes and wisconsin are both respectively better teams than their opponents, strictly in terms of pro talent. if osu loses again, i gotta think there's some kind of curse. mallett is a great college player in that system, but i see him as an nfl bust a la joey harrington. tcu probably doesn't have 3 players on that team that will make nfl rosters in 2011. besides those two, all of the other big ten teams in january were simply over-matched. whoever thought they'd see the day when we were the best basketball conference in the country and the laughingstock of football?
I'm a huge Badger fan, and I was at the game ... and while we certainly didn't play our best game, I'm not so sure that we're better than TCU (I know you specifically stated in terms of pro talent). I was very nervous about the game, if for no other reason than Vegas liked TCU and the general public liked us, and that's never usually a good sign. TCU is a hell of a team though, better than I gave them credit for. I just wish we had someone on the sideline who had a clue when it came to clock management.

The Big Ten has been pretty down for awhile now, and I hate to say it, but some of these other teams getting exposed takes a bit of the shine off our season.
1/4/2011 12:34 AM
TCU/Badger game was a good one to watch, I had TCU winning (even being a Big Ten guy) I just thought they were the better team. I didn't buy the "Wisky is so much bigger" argument I kept hearing.

That said I was shocked that UW didn't continue to run the ball all game long, they did a pretty good job at it when they did and was even more surprised that Clay got such little action until late.
1/4/2011 10:48 AM
Agreed ... we ran for 226 yards averaging 5 yds/pop. The offense went limp when they moved away from the run in the 3rd quarter and first half of the 4th. We came into the game calling Clay our #3 for the day, based I suppose on how well Ball and White played down the stretch (against crap defenses). Clay also looked pretty out-of-shape (though he looked good with the ball in his hands).
1/4/2011 3:30 PM
The Rich Rod embarrassment is over.  Thank goodness!  Go back to the Big East where defense doesn't matter.
1/4/2011 4:34 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 1/4/2011 4:34:00 PM (view original):
The Rich Rod embarrassment is over.  Thank goodness!  Go back to the Big East where defense doesn't matter.
Not so fast my friend!

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1172485
1/4/2011 8:18 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 1/1/2011 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Wisconsin loses, making the Big 10 0-5 today.

Ohio State still must face Arkansas. The Buckeyes are 0-9 all-time versus the SEC in bowl games

1978 Sugar Bowl Alabama 35, Ohio State 6
1990 Hall of Fame Bowl. Auburn 31, Ohio State 14
1993 Citrus Bowl. Georgia 21, Ohio State 14
1995 Florida Citrus Bowl. Alabama 24, Ohio State 17
1996 Florida Citrus Bowl Tennessee 20, Ohio State 14
2001 Outback Bowl. South Carolina 24, Ohio State 7
2002 Outback Bowl. South Carolina 31, Ohio State 28
2007 BCS National Championship Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2008 BCS National Championship LSU 38, Ohio State 24
2011 Sugar Bowl Ohio State 31, Arkansas 26

It certainly wasn't a thing of beauty.  Arkansas played like an undisciplined, inexperienced team; while the Buckeyes played like..... well the Buckeyes.  The poor special teams play by OSU was un-Tressel like though.  Say what you will about him, but Tressel gets them to the BCS games and brings a fat check back to Columbus with him.    And you guys see where this is going don't you?  Jim coaches another 3 or 4 years and guess who is waiting out there to get back into the game.   Hello Urban Meyer.
1/5/2011 8:28 AM
I would be shocked if Urban Meyer is out of the college game for 3 to 4 years.   I give him two years tops and then he's back.
1/5/2011 10:46 AM
Posted by pdanao on 1/5/2011 10:46:00 AM (view original):
I would be shocked if Urban Meyer is out of the college game for 3 to 4 years.   I give him two years tops and then he's back.

I can see that too.  He only lasted in retirement 1 day last time.  But his son is young and if he is truly committed to health and family I can see him waiting 4 years. 

1/5/2011 10:52 AM
Posted by pdanao on 1/5/2011 10:46:00 AM (view original):
When Tebow's kid is needing to be recruited Urban will be there to coach him...
1/5/2011 10:55 AM
◂ Prev 12
OT- Bad day for B10 football Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.