largest point spread Topic

what's the largest spread any of you have seen?
1/30/2011 5:39 PM
and of course i know it doesn't mean anything - just wanted to know
1/30/2011 5:45 PM
I had a +92 spread this last season, but Delaware Valley beat that by another 10 and had a +102 spread vs. Frostburg State.
1/30/2011 6:56 PM
1/30/2011 9:00 PM
At one point there was a glitch with the point spreads and I think I saw a team favored by over 200 points.  But with the point spreads at their normal standards, I think the highest I've seen was 112, but that was back in Allen awhile ago.
1/30/2011 10:03 PM
I'm a 112 pt fav in the first game of the season in allen
1/30/2011 11:08 PM
I'll take the points.
1/31/2011 12:02 AM
114 point spread: http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamMatchup/Default.aspx?sid=10011214
9/29/2013 11:02 PM
was excited to have a ridiculous 92 point spread to start conference play and my research found this thread. 114. amazing. anyways, what do coaches do, if anything, to try to hit these outrageous spreads? uptempo throughout. keep in starters even during a blowout. i think those are easy / obvious. how about changing the fatigue settings? changing defensive match ups? changing distro so only one or two players take shots? or putting everyone to 0 and letting simmy determine who the best option is?
2/6/2014 10:34 AM
You don't "try to hit these spreads" as they're basically impossible to cover. There used to be a fake gambling site on WIS where you could bet on the point spreads. It was shut down in part because it was silly and easy to beat when you had uncoverable spreads.
2/6/2014 12:44 PM
Posted by furry_nipps on 1/31/2011 12:02:00 AM (view original):
I'll take the points.
I dint remember this. I wonder if they covered or not.
2/9/2014 9:55 PM
Posted by eflhoca on 2/6/2014 12:44:00 PM (view original):
You don't "try to hit these spreads" as they're basically impossible to cover. There used to be a fake gambling site on WIS where you could bet on the point spreads. It was shut down in part because it was silly and easy to beat when you had uncoverable spreads.
Man, I hate that they shut that part down.  Only a handful of people really played it, so getting rewards points for free seasons was like taking candy from a baby.  Of course, that's why they shut it down, but hey it was fun while it lasted.
2/10/2014 1:48 AM
I agree, they are almost impossible to cover.  That leads to an interesting question though.  What's the largest spread that someone DID cover?  Not the largest margin of victory, that's not necessarily the same thing, the largest spread that someone actually covered.

I've won two, maybe three games by 100+ points but the spreads were fairly reasonable in those games.  Helps to win like that when you play a human ghost team with a bunch of walk-ons, early in the season, whose players are arguably worse than a bad sim team.  It was......ugly.  I know a handful of other coaches who have also won by triple digits but unfortunately no way to find out what the spread was in those games.

On the flip side, I may hold a very dubious HD record that no one would ever want to break.  I was a 62 point favorite against a sim team and ended up losing by 2 points.  I know, I know, I still don't understand it either and it's been about five years now.  The real kick in the nuts is that team finished the season at 33-2 and won the National Championship.  Easily.  Won all 6 tourney games by double digits.  Figure THAT one out!
2/10/2014 2:00 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 2/10/2014 1:48:00 AM (view original):
Man, I hate that they shut that part down.  Only a handful of people really played it, so getting rewards points for free seasons was like taking candy from a baby.  Of course, that's why they shut it down, but hey it was fun while it lasted.
I miss getting reward points for just spending a few minutes looking for the 40+ points spreads...
2/10/2014 2:43 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 2/10/2014 2:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 2/10/2014 1:48:00 AM (view original):
I miss getting reward points for just spending a few minutes looking for the 40+ points spreads...
Absolutely.  Great, wasn't it?
2/10/2014 3:28 AM
12 Next ▸
largest point spread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.