Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

jobs process is open. Rockhurst is available as mentioned, and so is W Alabama.  Hope to see you soon.
10/15/2012 1:20 PM (edited)
No takers so far unfortunately. Just bumping this up so we hopefully find a couple new folks to fill up the Heartland!
10/15/2012 1:19 PM
After a brief hiatus to try my hand at Rutgers  Louisville I've returned to my ancestral homeland of Valdosta, Georgia, (not my real homeland) and as such will once again be updating the Heartland recruiting thread. No GC offers at this time, but the conference boasts the last 4 national champions and has been atop the conference RPI list for a while as well. This season we generated $5,375 in postseason recruiting cash for each team. 

There are currently 5 openings, but one of them has a coach who has applied already, leaving 4 still searching:

Lincoln  had some recent success, making back to back NT appearances a few seasons ago. They return a core of players recruited under that regime, some better than others, and only 1 open scholarship. They certainly can be a contender again in short order if a dedicated coach steps in - is that you?

Rockhurst has had some short term coaches recently and their only real success is some time in the past now, but they do have 5 departing seniors, so a chance exists to make your mark early. 

West Alabama has been a down in the dumps program for quite some time. They seem to sport 8 open scholarships, so there is no reason that couldn't get turned around right quick!

St. Edward's has been a mediocre Heartland club for decades it seems. This season they have 6 openings, and 4 next season, so here's another opportunity to make some immediate impact on the club. 

The Heartland has really blossomed into a fairly successful conference. The coaches corner is usually active (even if its mostly just a_in_the_b eeyore-ing about how bad his team is!) and I have really enjoyed my time here. I know I moved on (twice actually, once for just 1 season, this last time around for 4) and boy do I regret it in a way as my old ball club had some good years without me. Maybe that's more a reflection of how good my replacement coach was/is, but either way, I'm back where I belong, and I'd love to have a few more hungry coaches join the ranks and continue to build this great community. 

Thanks for reading!
4/24/2013 4:40 PM (edited)
Hey, 15-13 ain't good, dig?

Come! Want more coaches!
4/23/2013 10:48 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 4/23/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):

Come! Want more coaches!
maybe the usually was out of place - usually its not justified - this season you got boned (Lincoln loss (I think Lincoln) was really unfortunate)
4/24/2013 1:37 AM
the Heartland is full, and man is it lethal... thanks to any who applied and I really am looking forward to continuing my part in making that Heartland one of the D2 conferences of note.
4/25/2013 4:39 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/24/2013 1:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 4/23/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):

Come! Want more coaches!
maybe the usually was out of place - usually its not justified - this season you got boned (Lincoln loss (I think Lincoln) was really unfortunate)
Well, happening to all my teams right now. Guess its just going to be one of those periods. My Maryville saint Louis team had its first one point overtime loss of the season. More surely to follow.
4/25/2013 7:12 AM
Thanks for all the hard work dacj.
4/25/2013 1:16 PM
Its that time again gents and gents (and if there are any ladies hiding out there somewhere, you too...)

Knight season 60 just finished and we have 1 opening in the Heartland. After a long run of human coaches, broken only by 1 simai season many moons ago, Oklahoma Panhandle State has come open. I don't know if the coach forgot to renew or has intentionally left, there was no message on the CC or anything.

Assuming the previous coach did indeed retire he left behind a team with just 2 graduations looming that returns a number of skilled players. OPSU is located in the Heartland's East (also known as 'little brother') division, so if you are into either easier roads or the challenge of helping the East turn the tide on those of us in the West who, I must admit, do enjoy the usual domination over our brother's from the other direction, I suggest checking OPSU out!
5/25/2013 8:05 AM
(before anyone takes a close enough look to ask - I have no idea why the teams that are in the East are put in the West division and vice versa...)
5/25/2013 8:07 AM
The coach returned, so no current openings. 
5/25/2013 2:08 PM
2 nice openings. We are a highly active and competitive conference with a challenge with the CCAA and the founder of the MUSDUC. Join us if you think you are up to it!
10/1/2013 11:34 AM
Lincoln is also probably gonna open up, as I'm planning on moving up to DI.  You just have to be patient until I get accepted at the job I applied for.
10/1/2013 2:27 PM
Lincoln, Rockhurst, and St. Mary's  are now available in the Heartland Conference (D II). If you sign up for one of these fine programs and agree to a couple of stipulations I will send you a $5 WiS Gift Certificate. 

Terms:
  1. stick around a couple seasons - obviously I can't enforce this, but I trust you as a (wo)man of your word!
  2. agree to participate in the Mega-Ultra-Super-Duper-Uber Challenge (aka the MUSDUC)
  3. agree to play in the annual CCAA-Heartland Conference challenge.
These challenges require setting aside a total of 6 non-conference games for challenge play. Some people aren't into that, and if that's you, fair enough, either don't apply for one of these teams, OR, even better, apply anyway cause they're great teams in a cool conference, and I just don't have to give you $5!

Hurry on over and take your turn kicking a_in_the_b while he's down! 

10/2/2013 2:35 AM
... If I ever get back up at this point
10/2/2013 8:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.