Can you win with 0 distro? Topic

Can it be done?
4/14/2011 10:44 PM
If your team is extremely loaded you can have some success however if you have 2 or 3 players that are clearly above the rest you'll only be hurting yourself by leaving distro at 0. Also even when you are extremely loaded it's still better to not leave everyone at 0 because from game to game different players will have better matchups.
4/14/2011 10:48 PM
i made the d1 sw 16 with 0 distro and the final 4 in d2 with 0 distro.  it depends on ur team
4/14/2011 10:57 PM
You can. But why wouldn't you want to ensure that your best players are getting the touches they deserve?
4/14/2011 11:43 PM
Posted by billscnb on 4/14/2011 11:43:00 PM (view original):
You can. But why wouldn't you want to ensure that your best players are getting the touches they deserve?

It's all just confusing. Plus at 0 distro seems hard to game plan against.
4/15/2011 1:17 AM
the answer seems pretty clear to me - it is yes you can win with 0 distro - the better ? is "Is zero distro ever the best option for gameplanning?" 

My opinion is no, zero distro is never the best option, but with some teams, the amount it harms your teams is small, with other teams, playing zero distro has very negative consequences.  But, even very negative, is only something like 2 to 5 points lost, so it may not be immediately obvious that it is harmful.  By the way, the same sorts of loss occur when you play an offense you don't know, you will find it does not cause your 65 ppg team to score only 30 ppg, more like 60 ppg.
4/15/2011 7:32 AM

I made it to the elite 8 with my D3 team in Wooden one year using all 0 distro the entire year. I got very lucky and basically did it because I had a young team with no real stars. I didn't plan to do it all year but I kept winning games, I was expecting to be a .500 team and wound up ranked at one point in the season then made the tourney as a 7 seed so I didn't want to switch it up at that point.  Wound up making a deep run into the elite 8 until I ran into an unbeatable Thomas squad that didn't lose for 2 years.

so yes it can happen but it is basically the luck of the sim combined with you being a good enough recruiter.

4/15/2011 9:30 AM
Agreed. I would say all 0s is kind of a "safe" option usually. There's almost definitely a better setting in every case that would be optimal..but I think it's also possible to do worse than all 0s on your own.

I find it useful sometimes to use 0s in the exhibitions and maybe the first game or two, just to get a feel for how the team is playing. Obviously you CAN win with it, but if you're using it long-term, I think you're missing out.
4/15/2011 9:30 AM
Posted by killbatman on 4/15/2011 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Agreed. I would say all 0s is kind of a "safe" option usually. There's almost definitely a better setting in every case that would be optimal..but I think it's also possible to do worse than all 0s on your own.

I find it useful sometimes to use 0s in the exhibitions and maybe the first game or two, just to get a feel for how the team is playing. Obviously you CAN win with it, but if you're using it long-term, I think you're missing out.
Agree, I always use all 0s in exhibition games just to see what the sim thinks of my players. I like to see who becomes the high scorer and everything if I'm uninvolved, it will help me gameplan later on.
4/15/2011 9:31 AM

My 1 title (other alt) won it with all zeros.  It was a pretty balanced team and I didn't want to out think myself by messing with things.

Generally speaking, I do as others have suggested...exhibition are 0's and even a few games into the season, just to see who's producing, and then adjust from there.

4/15/2011 9:34 AM
Posted by sfezzik on 4/15/2011 1:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by billscnb on 4/14/2011 11:43:00 PM (view original):

It's all just confusing. Plus at 0 distro seems hard to game plan against.
if you have no idea what you are doing ....0 is the way to go
4/15/2011 2:20 PM
I play 0 the first exhibition game then I use a distro every game after that including the second exhibition game.
4/15/2011 4:29 PM
If you are going to go all 0s why bother playing the game? Do people just really love recruiting or something?

Also, at 0 distro the machine will ignore your 3 point settings and use its own. You are giving total offense control to the engine...
4/15/2011 6:31 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/15/2011 6:31:00 PM (view original):
If you are going to go all 0s why bother playing the game? Do people just really love recruiting or something?

Also, at 0 distro the machine will ignore your 3 point settings and use its own. You are giving total offense control to the engine...
+1 to the first line
4/15/2011 6:37 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/15/2011 6:31:00 PM (view original):

I don't see much difference yet after 2 games. My best players have the most Off % and my guys I like to shoot 3's (+2) are shooting a lot.
4/15/2011 7:15 PM
123 Next ▸
Can you win with 0 distro? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.