Well This Is Interesting Topic

Posted by mmt0315 on 7/11/2011 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Emy --- I think you have no chance given the circumstances (Im guessing youve put forth minimal effort and the recruit is currently considering another top level school??). Im sure if you went heavy, the responses would change.
He's considering a C prestige school, M.  And again, those responses are indicative of a player who will NOT be able to be recruited, period.  Believe me, I see them all the time with my D2 schools (sucks when I see them too) .  I've recruited the same way for every D1/D2 school I've been at.  I use Coach Calls for one of two things.  To find out if I'm a back-up option for a player when I'm at D2 (and to try to find out the player's O and D), or at D1 to find out the O and D only.  Unless something has drastically changed in the last two days since I got done recruiting for a D2 team in Crum, those messages are what they are.  A coach telling you that the player in question is not recruitable by your team.  Got nothing to do with effort put into a player.

For example, Georgia Tech is currently chasing the number two ranked PG.  This morning I sent that player three Coach Calls just to see what his O and D are.  Got the info I wanted, even though GT had obviously put a nice chunk of money into the player.  He's also an A+ prestige.  By your logic, I would have gotten the same type e-mails from the number two PG that I got from this two star player, due to my lack of recruiting effort.  Doesn't work that way, and you've been around and recruited at the highest levels to know better. 
7/11/2011 11:58 AM
Still waiting on CS.  Wish we could identify time-sensitive tickets differently than just a regular ticket.
7/11/2011 12:00 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/11/2011 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mmt0315 on 7/11/2011 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Emy --- I think you have no chance given the circumstances (Im guessing youve put forth minimal effort and the recruit is currently considering another top level school??). Im sure if you went heavy, the responses would change.
He's considering a C prestige school, M.  And again, those responses are indicative of a player who will NOT be able to be recruited, period.  Believe me, I see them all the time with my D2 schools (sucks when I see them too) .  I've recruited the same way for every D1/D2 school I've been at.  I use Coach Calls for one of two things.  To find out if I'm a back-up option for a player when I'm at D2 (and to try to find out the player's O and D), or at D1 to find out the O and D only.  Unless something has drastically changed in the last two days since I got done recruiting for a D2 team in Crum, those messages are what they are.  A coach telling you that the player in question is not recruitable by your team.  Got nothing to do with effort put into a player.

For example, Georgia Tech is currently chasing the number two ranked PG.  This morning I sent that player three Coach Calls just to see what his O and D are.  Got the info I wanted, even though GT had obviously put a nice chunk of money into the player.  He's also an A+ prestige.  By your logic, I would have gotten the same type e-mails from the number two PG that I got from this two star player, due to my lack of recruiting effort.  Doesn't work that way, and you've been around and recruited at the highest levels to know better. 
The C school is certainly interesting...curious to see their response.
7/11/2011 12:21 PM
Still waiting.  I'll post when or if, I ever get a response.
7/11/2011 12:53 PM
hmmm. i don't want to go into specifics while recruiting is going, but one of my players's FSS word on the street is totally messed up, inconsistent with everything ive ever seen.
7/11/2011 12:55 PM
Got a rather bogus and canned response from CS, and now oddly enough, he's open to my recruiting efforts.  Funny how that worked out right before the 2 p.m. cycle.  One would almost say....coincidental.  Cue conspiracy theory music.........
7/11/2011 2:10 PM
So something is screwy with recruiting, but we are not being informed about it.  This is just another in a long line of weird things that have occurred in the last few seasons in recruiting that I've witnessed all seemed to be related to a player you should be able to recruit, but for some odd reason they reject you.
7/11/2011 11:20 PM
I'm guessing the D III thing is related as well...
7/11/2011 11:23 PM
Hope they get it fixed before Thursdayfor Phelan recruiting (((Sarcastically laughing)))
7/12/2011 12:34 AM
So anything?
7/12/2011 9:16 AM
i agree, something is broken in recruiting. i talked to seble about the d3 issue and he is convinced there has been no change - that you have always been able to have players show up in your division search who would not talk to you. i think he clearly misinterpreted something when he rewrote the engine - assuming we'd all agree there is just no way players used to show up in your divisional search who you couldn't talk to.
7/12/2011 10:57 AM
he also alludes to things like the player's interest from other teams impacting if a player can take your effort - which to me shows a clear lack of understanding. being able to talk to a player - in the pulldown sense - has absolutely nothing to do with anything any coach does. at least, it never did unless he made it that way. i think he pretty clearly has conceptual gaps here that he just can't fill, i can't imagine this problem will get fixed anytime soon - and probably never.
7/12/2011 10:59 AM
so I guess everyone everywhere gets to treat every recruit like a pulldown now and send calls to see if recruits will even talk to you...
I guess if its happening for Duke and Rutgers its ok it happened to me at D III...

(ETA: Its probably a bit harder to overcome financially for the D III that sends a number of HVS that get charged for but declined...)

7/12/2011 11:10 AM
You can add this is to the list of recruiting oddities:  on another ID, during Tark recruiting, I received back in the 11am cycle, 4 scouting emails on a player I did not recruit.  The dollar value of my recruiting efforts on this player still shows $0, so I know I didn't accidentally scout him. 
7/12/2011 12:47 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/11/2011 12:55:00 PM (view original):
hmmm. i don't want to go into specifics while recruiting is going, but one of my players's FSS word on the street is totally messed up, inconsistent with everything ive ever seen.
Anything come from this?
7/12/2011 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Well This Is Interesting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.