The long awaited WIS mea culpa...updates coming... Topic

OK - they did actually respond last week, but I was out of town and copy/paste on the phone was not working for me.  Here is the response:

Aaron,

Our Gridiron Dynasty update is approaching the release state. We have also been working on a significant SimLeague Baseball update. When we announce the date of the release, we will be making other announcements as well.

Thank you
8/12/2013 9:21 AM
Ummm.... wow. So, basically, nothing is going to be done/fixed/upgraded on HD for the foreseeable future. Awesome. 
8/12/2013 12:48 PM (edited)
Posted by wildcat98 on 8/12/2013 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Ummm.... wow. So, basically, nothing is going to be done/fixed/upgraded on HD for the foreseeable future. Awesome. 
In the spirit of cross thread synergy, my reply to that is - "Shocker!"
8/12/2013 2:25 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 8/12/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 8/12/2013 12:48:00 PM (view original):
In the spirit of cross thread synergy, my reply to that is - "Shocker!"
The frustrating part for me is that I'm seriously considering walking away from a game I really like, simply because they just refuse to work on improving its flaws. The frustration-to-enjoyment ratio is just getting out of whack.
8/12/2013 10:42 PM
This game is highly entertaining. For the most part I'd just like a change in the ability of small schools to be competitive, along with the long promised changes to recruiting.
8/12/2013 10:49 PM
I think we all have our quibbles with the game.

The jobs process is what gets to me. I went 6-21 in Tark DIII last season, and I'm eligible for about 60 DII jobs. Meanwhile, I was above .500 the last two seasons of Smith DI, with A+ / A+, and I wasn't eligible to lateral to a single other DI job.

My solution is to just give up on DI until further notice. There's room to fix things in the game, but as long as I avoid D1, I'm still entertained here.
8/12/2013 11:23 PM
Maybe that's my problem: I'm only coaching in D1. Still, I think there are a LOT of things that could use fixing in HD. The problem is, there's no real competition, so they've basically got a captive audience, for anyone who wants a game like this. And captive audiences lead to lazy business practices, which WIS is guilty of in spades.
8/13/2013 1:19 AM
It's pretty sad this thread I started nearly 2 years ago has proved to be entirely innaccurate.  Ugh.
8/13/2013 10:25 AM
◂ Prev 1234
The long awaited WIS mea culpa...updates coming... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.