I've scheduled a developer chat for next Tuesday 11/29 at 2pm ET.  To submit questions click here.  I'd like to focus mostly on the upcoming release, but feel free to submit questions about anything related to the game.

Details on the release are in the blog thread.
11/22/2011 3:05 PM
Determine a better method of showing a player's ratings potential beyond the current "Player Thoughts" inbox message.

What exactly is going to be better and how was it determined which areas were going to be improved?  Also, will their be a better way to see the off/def grades after the scouting trips?
11/22/2011 5:32 PM
Could you look into reducing the penalty on Loyalty ratings for making lateral or slightly upward moves, similar to the recent change made in GD? If this is a part of the change in logic on Loyalty ratings, will the changes be applied retroactively in cases where large drops were experienced?

I left Memphis after 6 consecutive seasons of 20 plus wins (and after having finally progressed from several seasons at B Prestige to B+ at the end of my last season) to accept a job at B+ Florida. My Loyalty dropped from A+ to D+ !  I could understand if I had gone from one mid-major conference to another, or if I had only been at Memphis for 3 or 4 seasons. However, Conference USA had deteriorated from a pretty decent conference when I first got there to one with 10 sims and 2 humans (including myself) during the last 2 seasons. I really didn't expect such a severe penalty for going to a major conference, where I could play against top flight human coaches on a regular basis. This kind of drop in Loyalty rating seems to me to be sending the wrong message.
11/22/2011 8:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
can you make cosmetic changes like championship banner on team profile instead on history tab,conference championships etc. those types of changes would add more realistic feel to each program.
11/22/2011 10:12 PM
World specific, dynamic prestige - eg if the ivy conference top 6 rpi for 10 years and harvard top 20 team for 10 years bump em up, baby.
11/22/2011 10:16 PM
How about a way to track how much free throw shooting is improving?  We currently can see how much every other category is improving but not free throw shooting.  Even if its just a pre-season Grade and then what it is currently in the season. 
11/22/2011 11:31 PM
Are there any plans to alter the way the defense rating is calculated (ie more variation in top recruits)? Currently, I think a lot of coaches are experiencing staleness in recruiting, especially when coaching a man defense, due to the very high correlation between athleticism and defense. I understand that athleticism has to be tied into defense somewhat, but there are enough discernible events on the floor throughout the course of a game to differentiate between a good defender and a bad one. There's just no way every single player on a Division 1 team should be ranked above 90 defense. 
11/22/2011 11:43 PM
Posted by kilgore on 11/22/2011 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Could you look into reducing the penalty on Loyalty ratings for making lateral or slightly upward moves, similar to the recent change made in GD? If this is a part of the change in logic on Loyalty ratings, will the changes be applied retroactively in cases where large drops were experienced?

I left Memphis after 6 consecutive seasons of 20 plus wins (and after having finally progressed from several seasons at B Prestige to B+ at the end of my last season) to accept a job at B+ Florida. My Loyalty dropped from A+ to D+ !  I could understand if I had gone from one mid-major conference to another, or if I had only been at Memphis for 3 or 4 seasons. However, Conference USA had deteriorated from a pretty decent conference when I first got there to one with 10 sims and 2 humans (including myself) during the last 2 seasons. I really didn't expect such a severe penalty for going to a major conference, where I could play against top flight human coaches on a regular basis. This kind of drop in Loyalty rating seems to me to be sending the wrong message.
+1 ...

It should NOT be considered a lateral move if you do either of these:

1.  Move from a non Big6 school to a Big6 School.
2.  Move to a team with a higher "baseline prestige" than the school you are moving from.

Those should both be considered "upgrades" and not lateral.
11/23/2011 5:32 AM
Hey guys.  Please submit your questions via the link in the original post instead of in this thread.  Thanks.
11/23/2011 11:44 AM
Seble, when Apple updated the iOS to iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, etc., the drop down menus in HD stopped working.  They stopped working in GD as well.  When norbert released the update for GD on November 15 he included a fix for this problem in the update.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do the same for HD when you release the update for HD.

Thank you!
11/23/2011 4:47 PM
In regards to scouting, it would be better if we could purchase "perimeter" and/or "states". I have a team in Memphis and Ark, Miss, Tenn, KY and Ala are all with a 125 miles. It would be more RL if we could scout a perimeter even if the cost is higher.
11/23/2011 10:35 PM
In this thread = reading comprehension fail...
11/24/2011 3:43 AM
Is it possible for you to only allow one team from the same IP address in the same world. If a second family member wants a team in the same world they can make the request, but at least this might help cut down on those that use ghost teams. I have seen this done in an Airline Simulation game I played.
11/24/2011 8:01 AM
Did I read it right that one guy has 6 teams in the same world all within 125 miles of each other? WTF?
11/29/2011 4:34 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.