Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

All I know, is I hope the one dude keeps jumping jobs and hope the other guy keeps getting mad at that because these two bring back memories of my high school days, where I had an independent study watching Jerry Springer.  Now that was a good teacher!  Thank God for public school. 
I read the thread a couple days ago with these guys and I swear, I felt like a loser because I was playing a game with a bunch of teenagers.   Then come to find out one is retired-- how old and what does the other one do?  Also, when was the last time a real man asked someone else for verification of his feelings?  Can we turn this into a sitcom?
3/15/2012 12:04 AM

tbird9423, thanks for the post.  Love me or hate my guts, that's ok, your post was refreshing.    

3/15/2012 12:34 AM
Granted, this is a differant world. Freds been a decent coach in the GLIAC in DII Allen. He's been a pleasant addition for us for 5 seasons now and I don't think any us have a single complaint regarding him, and he's held himself in a respectable manor. Attacking the guy personally for what he does or who he is outside of HD is uncalled for. At the same time I don't condone some of the things I've seen him say in retaliation. It is what it is, and there's nothing really to prove or get worked up over. Play the game and just win baby ... and move along
3/15/2012 12:49 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/14/2012 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Man up.  If that hurts your feelings you have no right being on the internet.  You are a job-jumper, and if I were in that conference I'd hate to see a coach like Reinsel replaced by you myself.  It looks like the poster isn't in the conference but does have a history with Reinsel.  If you want to be respected in this game build your own program and stop riding other coaches' coattails.
+1111111111
3/15/2012 1:17 AM
Troll level = Expert
3/15/2012 1:25 AM
"Rant
Recently, Reinsel left Queens after winning his first NT (congrats) and Fredpaull took his job. Fredpaull is the absolute worst coach I’ve seen in HD for several reasons:
He’s terrible. At one time his last team was an A prestige. As of now 9 of the 12 players on that team (Arkansas Tech) were recruited by him. 5 of those are juniors and the o that team that he’s recruited is a 635.
Lots of guys are terrible though and are decent people so that doesn’t bother me too much, but…
He’s a job jumper. Most people don’t respect coaches who coach different jobs all the time. He’s now coaching his 10th team in 25 seasons. Compare this to other worlds he’s in: Rupp 9 teams in 31 seasons, Smith 4 teams in 7 seasons, and Allen 3 teams in 9 seasons. So, obviously he does this everywhere.
This is more of an annoying trait and I don’t like coaches who do it, but it’s not enough to completely hate a guy. So…
He’s a complete jerk."

The agenda this coach has against me is not in the spirit of the sim. I might be the worst coach the sim has ever had but I do not believe this rant is appropriate. And then this coach doesn't like the return comments to these remarks.
3/15/2012 1:47 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/14/2012 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by timhunter44 on 3/14/2012 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Two points:

1. I have watched college basketball for most of Lon Kruger's coaching career. Who calls him 'Lonnie'? I googled "Lonnie Kruger" and found an electrical manufacturer professional from Eugene, Oregon on Linkedin. Then I scrolled down and saw who calls him Lonnie are people on Oklahoma Sooners blogs.

2. When you cherry pick and win with someone else's team, then provide a play-by-play commentary of your team and how great your team is, follow that up with site mails where you flex your whatifsports hoop dynasty muscles during recruiting, call someone "a a hole", perhaps you may not want to cry on a simulation chat board that someone commited the mortal sin of making a derogatory comment about your coaching on a conference chat board. It just sounds a little sad.

Okay, three points:

3. As for you analogy of a real coach speaking poorly about another coach without any history of problems, run-ins, etc., are you the coach without the history of problems, run-ins, etc.?  If so, that sounds pretty funny since I just spent all of this time reading what you have written about and to others in just this season alone.
Thanks for the answer.  I take it you are in the boat it is ok to jump on another coach without reason ,unsolicited.  I don't know how old you are but Coach Kruger is called Lonnie here in Oklahoma.  On your point two, so? I have fun.  I have only responded to other coaches in a bad way (which I have have said I won't use profanity-the s word the initials m an f) on the boards again.  Their are coaches that I have gone against that use **** and ******* regularly, and by the way, have no problem with it.  Point three is the same as point two.  I have not started it with another coaches (and you will have my friend tell you otherwise-because I tried to save a fellow conf coach money) only responding to coaches who do not like the way I coach. They were disrespectful in their comments directed toward me.  I have been told to take the crap. Well, it seems like those coaches can't take the crap.  I have apologised.  I will not apologise for my the way I do move from team to team in the Sim. 

The part about "trying to save a fellow coach money" is a total lie and you know it.  All you were trying to do in that situation was to make recruiting easier for yourself.  You admitted on our Coaches Corner that recruiting was the weakest part of your coaching and lo and behold, when recruiting started, there you were trying to strongarm a fellow conference member out of a recruit.  This after you lateraled from Bloomfield in our conference to Felician in the same conference, just to try and take advantage of their prestige so recruiting would be easier for you.  And yes, in that instance, you DID start it.

For anyone that wants to read the full story, go to the Coaches Corner in the CACC (D2 Rupp).  Coachgunnar is Fredpaull.  He's got some very interesting things to say, including a couple of threats (not reported because no one is afraid of an old janitor.  No way this guy was a school administrator for 31 years, not with the way he absolutely butchers the spelling of even the most basic of words.  Oh wait, I forgot, he told us that he had his "secretary" clean up all of his mistakes.  Seems he plays HD like he lives life.  His "secretary" does all the heavy lifting and he takes the credit.  Other coaches do all the recruiting of the good players and when they leave, he cherrypicks their teams to try to boost his record and get all the HD "glory".  Just look at his resume under both Coachgunnar and Fredpaull.  The teams he jumps to are good while another coaches recruits are still there, but as soon as his recruits have to start playing heavy minutes, he runs his team straight into the ground.  THAT'S why he jumps from team to team, because he can't recruit to save his life and if he actually had to play using his OWN recruits, he wouldn't be able to compete.  He's the equivalent of an HD parasite). 

Oh, and if anyone bothers to read the Coaches Corner that I mentioned, he's a habitual liar too.  When he gets called on one of his lies, he claims that in his old age, his mind gets "fuzzy".  He used that phrase a couple of times when he got caught in one of his lies.  For instance, he tried to tell us that he couldn't remember his alternate ID's because, again, his mind was "fuzzy".  Then he turned around and quoted to us his EXACT won/loss records for his total HD career.  When I pointed out to him that in order to know his exact W/L totals, he would have to know all of his ID's, he got strangely silent.  He also made the comment that lateraling from one D3 team to another was one of the stupidest things he had ever heard of (I know, I know, pot meet kettle, right.  Bear with me).  When it was asked of him what the difference was between lateraling from D2 toD2 and lateraling from D3 to D3, he once again ducked the question.  He made a big production of how he had went "34-0" in winning a D3 championship.  When it was pointed out to him that it took 35 games to win a title, he responded that his mind had gotten "fuzzy" again.  What's funny about that D3 title is, he actually demoted from D2 to D3 just to take that team over.  This after sjcpanther had already laid the foundation of a powerhouse team.  He quoted his record in an earlier post as 500 some wins, 200 some losses, and a couple of titles and said that because of those numbers no one could accuse him of being a terrible coach.  Well.....I'd (and I'm sure a whole lot of other people, especially at this point) be a WHOLE lot more impressed if those numbers and titles were accumulated using his OWN players instead of riding someone else's coattails.  Fact is, when he has to use his own players, players that HE recruited, he IS a terrible coach.  He consistently ruins every team that he actually has to recruit for.  In almost EVERY instance, the longer he has stayed at a school, the worse that school has become.  That, my friend, is the mark of a terrible coach.  Again, just look at either of his resumes.

Oh, and to think that YOUR job is the most important one in the whole world (as posted earlier) is a little egotistical, self-centered, and frankly kind of delusional.  Yes, janitors are important to keep the cleanliness (again, NO WAY you were some kind of administrator, not with the basic spelling and grammar errors.  And if you actually were, well, that says a WHOLE LOT about the state of education in this nation, and it's not good.  If we've got "principals" who can't even spell, what are we to expect from the students?)  in the school up to par, but your job is no more (or less) important than HUNDREDS of other jobs around the world.  Hell, thousands, if you want to get right down to it.

Well enough for now, I'm quite sure you'll come up with some brilliant comment or comeback like you did in our Coaches Corner in Rupp, when you went all third grade on me and referred to me as "a a hole".  Seriously, "a a hole"?  What are you, like eleven years old?  Please, if you're going to try and insult me like that, at least say it right "an (not a) a hole".  Administrator, huh?  Uhh, right.  Feel reallllllllllllllly bad for that school, seriously.

3/15/2012 2:02 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/15/2012 2:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fredpaull on 3/14/2012 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by timhunter44 on 3/14/2012 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Two points:

1. I have watched college basketball for most of Lon Kruger's coaching career. Who calls him 'Lonnie'? I googled "Lonnie Kruger" and found an electrical manufacturer professional from Eugene, Oregon on Linkedin. Then I scrolled down and saw who calls him Lonnie are people on Oklahoma Sooners blogs.

2. When you cherry pick and win with someone else's team, then provide a play-by-play commentary of your team and how great your team is, follow that up with site mails where you flex your whatifsports hoop dynasty muscles during recruiting, call someone "a a hole", perhaps you may not want to cry on a simulation chat board that someone commited the mortal sin of making a derogatory comment about your coaching on a conference chat board. It just sounds a little sad.

Okay, three points:

3. As for you analogy of a real coach speaking poorly about another coach without any history of problems, run-ins, etc., are you the coach without the history of problems, run-ins, etc.?  If so, that sounds pretty funny since I just spent all of this time reading what you have written about and to others in just this season alone.
Thanks for the answer.  I take it you are in the boat it is ok to jump on another coach without reason ,unsolicited.  I don't know how old you are but Coach Kruger is called Lonnie here in Oklahoma.  On your point two, so? I have fun.  I have only responded to other coaches in a bad way (which I have have said I won't use profanity-the s word the initials m an f) on the boards again.  Their are coaches that I have gone against that use **** and ******* regularly, and by the way, have no problem with it.  Point three is the same as point two.  I have not started it with another coaches (and you will have my friend tell you otherwise-because I tried to save a fellow conf coach money) only responding to coaches who do not like the way I coach. They were disrespectful in their comments directed toward me.  I have been told to take the crap. Well, it seems like those coaches can't take the crap.  I have apologised.  I will not apologise for my the way I do move from team to team in the Sim. 

The part about "trying to save a fellow coach money" is a total lie and you know it.  All you were trying to do in that situation was to make recruiting easier for yourself.  You admitted on our Coaches Corner that recruiting was the weakest part of your coaching and lo and behold, when recruiting started, there you were trying to strongarm a fellow conference member out of a recruit.  This after you lateraled from Bloomfield in our conference to Felician in the same conference, just to try and take advantage of their prestige so recruiting would be easier for you.  And yes, in that instance, you DID start it.

For anyone that wants to read the full story, go to the Coaches Corner in the CACC (D2 Rupp).  Coachgunnar is Fredpaull.  He's got some very interesting things to say, including a couple of threats (not reported because no one is afraid of an old janitor.  No way this guy was a school administrator for 31 years, not with the way he absolutely butchers the spelling of even the most basic of words.  Oh wait, I forgot, he told us that he had his "secretary" clean up all of his mistakes.  Seems he plays HD like he lives life.  His "secretary" does all the heavy lifting and he takes the credit.  Other coaches do all the recruiting of the good players and when they leave, he cherrypicks their teams to try to boost his record and get all the HD "glory".  Just look at his resume under both Coachgunnar and Fredpaull.  The teams he jumps to are good while another coaches recruits are still there, but as soon as his recruits have to start playing heavy minutes, he runs his team straight into the ground.  THAT'S why he jumps from team to team, because he can't recruit to save his life and if he actually had to play using his OWN recruits, he wouldn't be able to compete.  He's the equivalent of an HD parasite). 

Oh, and if anyone bothers to read the Coaches Corner that I mentioned, he's a habitual liar too.  When he gets called on one of his lies, he claims that in his old age, his mind gets "fuzzy".  He used that phrase a couple of times when he got caught in one of his lies.  For instance, he tried to tell us that he couldn't remember his alternate ID's because, again, his mind was "fuzzy".  Then he turned around and quoted to us his EXACT won/loss records for his total HD career.  When I pointed out to him that in order to know his exact W/L totals, he would have to know all of his ID's, he got strangely silent.  He also made the comment that lateraling from one D3 team to another was one of the stupidest things he had ever heard of (I know, I know, pot meet kettle, right.  Bear with me).  When it was asked of him what the difference was between lateraling from D2 toD2 and lateraling from D3 to D3, he once again ducked the question.  He made a big production of how he had went "34-0" in winning a D3 championship.  When it was pointed out to him that it took 35 games to win a title, he responded that his mind had gotten "fuzzy" again.  What's funny about that D3 title is, he actually demoted from D2 to D3 just to take that team over.  This after sjcpanther had already laid the foundation of a powerhouse team.  He quoted his record in an earlier post as 500 some wins, 200 some losses, and a couple of titles and said that because of those numbers no one could accuse him of being a terrible coach.  Well.....I'd (and I'm sure a whole lot of other people, especially at this point) be a WHOLE lot more impressed if those numbers and titles were accumulated using his OWN players instead of riding someone else's coattails.  Fact is, when he has to use his own players, players that HE recruited, he IS a terrible coach.  He consistently ruins every team that he actually has to recruit for.  In almost EVERY instance, the longer he has stayed at a school, the worse that school has become.  That, my friend, is the mark of a terrible coach.  Again, just look at either of his resumes.

Oh, and to think that YOUR job is the most important one in the whole world (as posted earlier) is a little egotistical, self-centered, and frankly kind of delusional.  Yes, janitors are important to keep the cleanliness (again, NO WAY you were some kind of administrator, not with the basic spelling and grammar errors.  And if you actually were, well, that says a WHOLE LOT about the state of education in this nation, and it's not good.  If we've got "principals" who can't even spell, what are we to expect from the students?)  in the school up to par, but your job is no more (or less) important than HUNDREDS of other jobs around the world.  Hell, thousands, if you want to get right down to it.

Well enough for now, I'm quite sure you'll come up with some brilliant comment or comeback like you did in our Coaches Corner in Rupp, when you went all third grade on me and referred to me as "a a hole".  Seriously, "a a hole"?  What are you, like eleven years old?  Please, if you're going to try and insult me like that, at least say it right "an (not a) a hole".  Administrator, huh?  Uhh, right.  Feel reallllllllllllllly bad for that school, seriously.

It is a fact that I tried to save the other coach money.   I won't do that on a chat board again.  Thanks coach for your comments. Edit: I feel like I am in deep with some "real" crazy people.  So serious.
3/15/2012 2:14 AM (edited)
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 1:49:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
Recently, Reinsel left Queens after winning his first NT (congrats) and Fredpaull took his job. Fredpaull is the absolute worst coach I’ve seen in HD for several reasons:
He’s terrible. At one time his last team was an A prestige. As of now 9 of the 12 players on that team (Arkansas Tech) were recruited by him. 5 of those are juniors and the o that team that he’s recruited is a 635.
Lots of guys are terrible though and are decent people so that doesn’t bother me too much, but…
He’s a job jumper. Most people don’t respect coaches who coach different jobs all the time. He’s now coaching his 10th team in 25 seasons. Compare this to other worlds he’s in: Rupp 9 teams in 31 seasons, Smith 4 teams in 7 seasons, and Allen 3 teams in 9 seasons. So, obviously he does this everywhere.
This is more of an annoying trait and I don’t like coaches who do it, but it’s not enough to completely hate a guy. So…
He’s a complete jerk."

The agenda this coach has against me is not in the spirit of the sim. I might be the worst coach the sim has ever had but I do not believe this rant is appropriate. And then this coach doesn't like the return comments to these remarks.
You know what's inappropriate?  This:

"You don't know how "CRAZY" I am. Please be safe."

This from your Coachgunnar ID on our Coaches Corner.  That is nothing but a flat-out threat.  It won't be reported because we all know that you're all show and no go, but to act like you're innocent in all this is beyond disingeneous.  You've made more than your share of uncalled for remarks on our Coaches Corner (and others too, obviously).  To start a thread, crying and claiming to be the victim in all of this is beyond pathetic.  You're just as involved as anyone else and you know it.  Good night.

**Edit**   Funny you posted the line about "crazy" people in the above post, especially when you called YOURSELF crazy on our Coaches Corner.  You really are a piece of work Fred.  Not quite sure what kind of piece (though I have an idea), but a piece nonetheless.   ****
3/15/2012 2:17 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 3/15/2012 2:17:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

This from your Coachgunnar ID on our Coaches Corner.  That is nothing but a flat-out threat.  It won't be reported because we all know that you're all show and no go, but to act like you're innocent in all this is beyond disingeneous.  You've made more than your share of uncalled for remarks on our Coaches Corner (and others too, obviously).  To start a thread, crying and claiming to be the victim in all of this is beyond pathetic.  You're just as involved as anyone else and you know it.  Good night.

**Edit**   Funny you posted the line about "crazy" people in the above post, especially when you called YOURSELF crazy on our Coaches Corner.  You really are a piece of work Fred.  Not quite sure what kind of piece (though I have an idea), but a piece nonetheless.   ****
Coach, you are acting like a little girl, or maybe a politician that is running third in the polls.   
3/15/2012 2:17 AM
When you call someone a puss and tell them to shut up after no provocation you lose any claim you could possibly have to the moral high ground.
3/15/2012 2:20 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 2:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 3/15/2012 2:17:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

Coach, you are acting like a little girl, or maybe a politician that is running third in the polls.   
Really?  Am I the one who started a thread crying about someone else saying something "mean" about them?  Could have sworn that it was Fredpaull that was asking the HD community if another coach was right or wrong for saying mean things about him.  You're in the wrong, you've been called on it, and worst of all, you know that you're wrong.  Guess your cute little line there was about all you've got left, especially since you won't respond to my other post.  You're wrong, you're beaten, and you know it, good night.
3/15/2012 2:24 AM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 3/15/2012 1:25:00 AM (view original):
Troll level = Expert
Im just going to leave this here.

3/15/2012 2:27 AM
emy, the initial post was not even about you. It was about the other coach.  I asked a question and wanted to know if it was appropriate to jump a coach that wasn't looking for trouble. No, you were not the one but you answered the call as usual. Go to bed, it's late, and you are tired. By the way, thank you for your comments.
3/15/2012 2:29 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 2:31:00 AM (view original):
emy, the initial post was not even about you. It was about the other coach.  I asked a question and wanted to know if it was appropriate to jump a coach that wasn't looking for trouble. No, you were not the one but you answered the call as usual. Go to bed, it's late, and you are tired. By the way, thank you for your comments.
I know it wasn't about me, but you asked for opinions.  You got mine.  Well, some of them, I have a whole lot more examples of how you're NOT the victim that you so badly want to be.
3/15/2012 2:36 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...14 Next ▸
Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.