Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

Add irapost to the list also.
7/21/2012 12:12 AM
This has bugged me for awhile: what the hell is "chanaged?!"
7/21/2012 12:33 AM
Bump in the name of love.
8/29/2012 9:25 PM
Posted by milkamania on 7/18/2012 2:06:00 PM (view original):
well, as long as this is back, in Rupp, after jumping in conference from Bloomfield to A prestige Felician, coach spent a grand total of 3 seasons, dropping the prestige to a B- before jumping to the west coast to grab A prestige CSU Bakersfield (dropped to an A- when he grabbed it.)

at least he's already warned them he's not staying long

coachgunnar

to my fellow coaches in this league: yes, I hope not to be in this league for a long period of time. My goal is to get to a D1 school. That means winning in this league. If any of you have a problem with it, I'm ok with it. Your job is to win also. ...
as long as this got bumped anyway, as an update, he stayed all of 1 season  before jumping yet again to a different D2 school. 
8/29/2012 9:46 PM
poo
8/29/2012 9:47 PM
And I thought the forums were crazy enough lately...... This could be fun.
8/29/2012 10:06 PM
Posted by milkamania on 8/29/2012 9:46:00 PM (view original):
well, as long as this is back, in Rupp, after jumping in conference from Bloomfield to A prestige Felician, coach spent a grand total of 3 seasons, dropping the prestige to a B- before jumping to the west coast to grab A prestige CSU Bakersfield (dropped to an A- when he grabbed it.)

coachgunnar

to my fellow coaches in this league: yes, I hope not to be in this league for a long period of time. My goal is to get to a D1 school. That means winning in this league. If any of you have a problem with it, I'm ok with it. Your job is to win also. ...
as long as this got bumped anyway, as an update, he stayed all of 1 season  before jumping yet again to a different D2 school. 
Yep, went to Lemoyne in the N-10.  If any of those coaches happen to read this, just remember that you won't have to put up with him for long.  He'll wreck that team like he did to two schools in our conference and then he'll jump to another pre-built squad somewhere else.  Really wish Seble would put a stop to this kind of crap.  All he does is use someone else's players to win a few games and when they leave, so does he.  Leaving behind train wrecks that take forever to get headed in the right direction (if a human coach will even try to clean up his mess at all).  It's a joke.
8/29/2012 10:21 PM
I just took over CSU, Bakersfield after he left (hadn't paid much attention to the previous coach, obviously).  Thankfully he was only there for one season so he couldn't run it into the ground.  He recruited 4 jr's last season, who shockingly aren't totally useless, but just thought that was very strange.

I do get to see the leftovers of some awful practice/player/team plans and an odd depth chart, though.  So now it sort of makes sense as to how he runs teams into the ground.
8/29/2012 10:31 PM
Do share, ryrun. Every last detail.
8/29/2012 10:38 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going.  This is probably how most people got their first impression of me.  Not sure if that's a great thing, but oh well, it was fun.
8/29/2012 11:11 PM
I do my best to keep it alive. It is a part of HD's culture now. It's lore and legend, right here before your eyes.
8/29/2012 11:26 PM
Posted by ryrun on 8/29/2012 10:31:00 PM (view original):
I just took over CSU, Bakersfield after he left (hadn't paid much attention to the previous coach, obviously).  Thankfully he was only there for one season so he couldn't run it into the ground.  He recruited 4 jr's last season, who shockingly aren't totally useless, but just thought that was very strange.

I do get to see the leftovers of some awful practice/player/team plans and an odd depth chart, though.  So now it sort of makes sense as to how he runs teams into the ground.
Yes Ryrun, some details would be very interesting I think.
8/29/2012 11:50 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/29/2012 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milkamania on 8/29/2012 9:46:00 PM (view original):

coachgunnar

Yep, went to Lemoyne in the N-10.  If any of those coaches happen to read this, just remember that you won't have to put up with him for long.  He'll wreck that team like he did to two schools in our conference and then he'll jump to another pre-built squad somewhere else.  Really wish Seble would put a stop to this kind of crap.  All he does is use someone else's players to win a few games and when they leave, so does he.  Leaving behind train wrecks that take forever to get headed in the right direction (if a human coach will even try to clean up his mess at all).  It's a joke.
i agree. i have no problem with a new coach taking over a d3 school, struggling, and jumping ship. by d2, it shouldn't happen very often. but occasionally - thats fine. you try a new school, maybe you try a new set, and after a few seasons of struggling, youve managed to screw it up royally. in the interests of not spending 4 seasons to recover a total disaster, just to get it back to the point of being a rebuild, you set sail for a new d2 school (without great prestige). fine. you tried, failed, so try again.

but to make a pattern out of it like this is just ridiculous! if i ever finish the half of a sim engine ive written, i absolutely would not allow this. you want to jump to a 2nd consecutive d2 school, fine. but you better stay at least 4 seasons or else you are not going anywhere but d3, or a D- to D+ d2 school.
8/29/2012 11:54 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/29/2012 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ryrun on 8/29/2012 10:31:00 PM (view original):

Yes Ryrun, some details would be very interesting I think.
I have a mild headache after looking through it all.  I wish there was just a reset all kind of button I could hit that would zero out all the practice minutes/depth chart slots/distro/etc.

The practice plan is just a mess.  I'm going to have to go through every player and adjust every category, basically.  To start with, he's practicing 25 min in Flex and 30 min in M2M, so there's some overkill there, but it could be defendable I guess, though it's way more than I ever practice for sets (and more than I've heard of anyone on the forums practicing due to diminishing returns).  But the player minutes are all over the place.  Some highlights:

- Every player has at least 8 min in study hall (even after the final grades).  Most GPA's are over 3.5.  Seniors are still getting 8+ minutes.
- There's a soph PG with 7 min in REB and and 8 in LP, even though 1) he's a PG and 2) those are already at low potential and 3) he has average potential left in ATH/SPD/BH/P.  Passing is getting 4 min.
- Same with another PG - he has an LP of 8 with low potential and then high potential left in BH/P, but he threw 8 min of practice time into LP.  What?
- Numerous players with only 4-6 practice minutes in footwork, even those with average/high potential left in DEF/SB.
- There is a C that is getting 6 minutes of BH minutes to try and improve his rating of 3 (with low potential, too, as if it matters).
- Actually, as I take an overall look at it, every single category is getting at least 4 minutes of practice time.  All the guards still practice REB/LP (most with single digit ratings and low potential), all the bigs practice PER/BH.

Then the distro numbers just have no rhyme or reason to them - they're all over the map.  Then there's a PG with low PER set at a +2 3pt frequency (the only player set to a +2, even though he has the lowest PER of all the guards), most of the bigs are set to a 0 3pt (but not all, so ?).  I don't know if he was jacking with this for his last game or what, but I can't think of any scenario where it'd make sense.

Depth chart goes 4-deep for all positions, but I don't know if he went that deep because he thinks he has to or what.  A PG is listed as the 4th option for PF (with his 13 REB).

The only silver lining to this team is that I get to bring in 5 of my own players for next season (probably 6 after I most likely cut Harrison) and then 5 more the season after, so at least he didn't saddle me with terrible young players for a few seasons.

This brings me to a question though - when someone jacks with the practice settings/distro/etc and then leaves, does Simmy reset those?  Or will they stay for all returning players?  Part of me thinks they'd stay for all returning players since it doesn't reset when a human coach takes over, but I've never paid enough attention to it to notice.  But even if you set up a good distro and then lose a bunch of players, do the old values stay for the returning players and then the new players are set to 0?  So, say you bring in a one player class and give him a 1 distro his freshman year, then you leave - by his senior year, is he at a 1 while everyone else (simmy recruits) is at 0?  Just something looking through this made me curious about.
8/30/2012 12:40 AM
That's so weird. This has to be the best thread ever.
8/31/2012 12:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.