Easiest/Hardest Places to Recruit From Topic

Posted by dacj501 on 4/6/2012 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tdiddy3 on 4/6/2012 6:08:00 PM (view original):
not to mention that WVU has a hard time finding in state recruits who can qualify for admissions.  They might have the grades, but there is always that 2 tooth minimum for admissions that keeps West Virginia recruits from making it.
I always thought that was a 2 tooth maximum...
If that was the case, anyone in the state could make it
4/6/2012 6:13 PM
Posted by tdiddy3 on 4/6/2012 6:13:00 PM (view original):
not to mention that WVU has a hard time finding in state recruits who can qualify for admissions.  They might have the grades, but there is always that 2 tooth minimum for admissions that keeps West Virginia recruits from making it.
I thought that was also already true...I've never really considered WVU the Harvard of the south exactly
4/6/2012 6:20 PM
It's the Cornell. No one pays attention to it, it just hums along, doing it's thing. Teaching kids how to mine.
4/6/2012 6:25 PM
Posted by caesari on 4/6/2012 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cornfused on 4/6/2012 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Colorado College is the easiest job in HD.  Period.  Ten DII schools in-state; no DIII schools within 500 miles.
I'm looking for it to open up in my worlds...
Colorado is open in Allen D3! We need a strong coach to take over!
4/6/2012 11:57 PM
Looks like Allen Colorado has already been reserved.

Anyone tried the two places I mentioned in a previous post? (UNT and UTA) They seem like good places to recruit from.
4/7/2012 12:31 AM
I'm at Missouri now and that has been tough for similar reasons as what kmason mentioned about arkansas and the lack of quality recruits within 200 miles of the campus (there are plenty between 200-360).  the tradeoff is that being in the big 12  you get the bonus cash they generate...but you're also right in the middle of those teams in recruiting and usually at a distance disadvantage.

The easiest recruiting I've done by far has been in NJ/NY at the D2 level.  So much talent to go around usually.....
4/7/2012 1:26 AM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 4/6/2012 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Hardest has to be HI across all levels. AK is bad but it is close to Canada, so there might be some international prospects. HI, you are pretty much stuck and any recruits out of HI will be long distance, with a huge disadvantage.

I think the best D3 places are Colorado and Palm Beach Atlantic. Alot of potential D2 dropdowns and little instate competition among your level. 
Aren't some of the Russian prospects (relatively) close in Alaska?
4/7/2012 5:53 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/6/2012 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tdiddy3 on 4/6/2012 6:13:00 PM (view original):
I thought that was also already true...I've never really considered WVU the Harvard of the south exactly
West Virginia, in order to boost enrollment, no longer requires a good SAT score. Rather, they recruits students who intended to take the SAT but got lost on their way to the test site.
4/7/2012 8:40 AM
I second that NYC is the easiest place I have recruited from in D2.
4/7/2012 8:48 AM
Posted by ryandaniel on 4/7/2012 5:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tianyi7886 on 4/6/2012 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Hardest has to be HI across all levels. AK is bad but it is close to Canada, so there might be some international prospects. HI, you are pretty much stuck and any recruits out of HI will be long distance, with a huge disadvantage.

I think the best D3 places are Colorado and Palm Beach Atlantic. Alot of potential D2 dropdowns and little instate competition among your level. 
Aren't some of the Russian prospects (relatively) close in Alaska?
So close that Sarah Palin can do scouting trips from her house.
4/7/2012 11:21 AM
At D2 Gannon is very tough. There are quite a few recruits nearby but to scout recruits within 200 miles you need to scout 5 states. Including NY, Penn, Ohio, and Mi which are all expensive. Plus there are a bunch of schools nearby.
4/8/2012 12:10 AM
From the DI level I don't think there is any comparison:

Hardest: Hawaii - you are subject to what local talent you have which is usually sparse and you have to hope you have enough money to fight off the A prestige schools in the Pac-10 from poaching your 1 talented player every other year.

Easiest: Colorado - With the way HD distributes talent this has to be the sweetest job in the country, surrounded by talent and most of the high baseline prestige schools are too far away to bother you.
4/10/2012 9:40 PM
Posted by mjp8 on 4/6/2012 7:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/6/2012 2:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mjp8 on 4/5/2012 10:49:00 PM (view original):
I think the world and human vs sim teams makes a difference.

For example in D3 Wooden, the Michigan, Midwest, Minnesota and Upstate are all full super conferences which makes that area one of the hardest recruitment areas I've ever seen. Especially at D3 with so little money. If you are a lower prestige team you can't even hope to get a good recruit in that area and need to just go far away instead.
I don't see what prestige has to do with it...
If you are in a world where there are 4 full conferences all in a small area, many of them A+ because those 4 conferences win about 20 of every 21 national championships and your school is a C- you don't see what prestige has to do with it?

Say you are waiting for a few dropdowns and then all the sudden an A+ Michigan, Minnesota and Upstate school all show up on the player. You're probably not going to go for him. Even in a less extreme example when only 1 shows up you probably won't bother with the battle unless you have a great distance and money advantage and even then you still may not bother.  Well that happens with just about every good player in that world in that area.
the quality of coaches certainly matters. the prestige, not so much. c- to a+ is not that tough of a battle, any distance advantage compensates, as well as having a little extra money to spend. the biggest challenge is those are smart coaches, and if u recruit stupidly, you are going to get torn apart. but back down because of a prestige disadvantage in d3? never! (ok, not never, but definitely not always!)
4/11/2012 12:15 PM
◂ Prev 123
Easiest/Hardest Places to Recruit From Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.