Recruiting after all Schollies are filled? Topic

If I sign an ineligible player, can I still recruit another player just in case the ineligible decides to go JUCO? Or will the guy not be able to sign because all schollies are filled? 
4/10/2012 8:20 PM
I don't think you can. That's one of the Juco risks. If he doesn't show, you WILL still get 25% carryover. Good luck with him.
4/10/2012 8:46 PM
Posted by jskenner on 4/10/2012 8:46:00 PM (view original):
I don't think you can. That's one of the Juco risks. If he doesn't show, you WILL still get 25% carryover. Good luck with him.
You will not get your carryover as you will have an open scholarship if he doesn't show.

and to answer the original question: No you cannot recruit anyone else once all scholarships are filled, you only find out if an ineligible stays or goes once recruiting is over.
4/10/2012 9:45 PM
I've heard you would get the carry over because you attempted to recruit a player?? Now this just looks like its gonna be bad.
4/10/2012 9:57 PM
Posted by bighairyarab on 4/10/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
You will not get your carryover as you will have an open scholarship if he doesn't show.

and to answer the original question: No you cannot recruit anyone else once all scholarships are filled, you only find out if an ineligible stays or goes once recruiting is over.
Thats completely false. If you sign a JUCO that doesn't show you get to keep the carryover money. It would make absolutely no sense otherwise because if they went JUCO it would be a double whammy of losing leftover cash plus losing the player.
4/10/2012 10:03 PM
That sounds much better at least I can scout for next season.
4/10/2012 10:05 PM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 4/10/2012 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bighairyarab on 4/10/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):

Thats completely false. If you sign a JUCO that doesn't show you get to keep the carryover money. It would make absolutely no sense otherwise because if they went JUCO it would be a double whammy of losing leftover cash plus losing the player.
blackdog is correct. If you sign players to fill all your scholarships you carryover 25% of whatever is left regardless if all the players report to campus or not. 
4/11/2012 1:17 AM
Recruiting after all Schollies are filled? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.