I know these get posted all the time, but this is the first really, really bad one I've been involved in. 

http://www.wisjournal.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=8457653
7/23/2012 12:08 PM
maybe whatif couldnt afford to give you a discount for making it farther in the NT?  They have terrible stamina too and your defense looked solid.  Thats an insane loss.
7/23/2012 12:35 PM
gopokes, I noticed that loss this morning...just terrible. One question, though: Why did you not play uptempo against that team?
7/23/2012 2:00 PM

That makes me sick to my stomach.

It's not even my team and it makes me frustrated with the game.

7/25/2012 3:56 PM
Why not let Leon Rogers open it up a little more from behind the arc?
7/25/2012 5:13 PM
It's against a sim, it's not like they could gameplan a - defense.  Usually in these bad beat threads it makes sense to point out gameplanning flaws.  In this case he should have been able to win with wiped out gameplans - 0 distros, 0 3 pt settings, 0 positioning, etc.  While playing the wrong offense.
7/25/2012 5:32 PM
Wow...
7/25/2012 5:56 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/25/2012 5:32:00 PM (view original):
It's against a sim, it's not like they could gameplan a - defense.  Usually in these bad beat threads it makes sense to point out gameplanning flaws.  In this case he should have been able to win with wiped out gameplans - 0 distros, 0 3 pt settings, 0 positioning, etc.  While playing the wrong offense.
Is this in response to my post?
7/25/2012 6:34 PM
I would be frustrated if this never happened. If you win or lose every game the way you should, you can just mail it in. I beat a BCS conference team this season that should have wiped the floor with me. No one ever complains when they win one like this. Which is not to say that I don't have a small tantrum when it happens to me especially when it's a SIM. :)
7/25/2012 7:43 PM
Reminds me of my loss with NC Wesleyan after going 33-0 in the regular season and losing in the 1st round to a team that had 1/3 the talent of my roster. I almost quit playing WIS after that loss.
7/25/2012 8:10 PM
one of the worst beats I have ever seen, although rsvphr's point is valid. 
7/25/2012 8:45 PM
I just don't see how allowing Canty to take more 3pt attempts than Rogers for the season is a good strategy. Not to mention the only other loss took place on a night the they went 1 for 9 from downtown (their lowest percentage all season) with Rogers failing to even attempt a 3 pointer. I admit that this is a very bad loss, but playing away from your team's strength's is tough no matter what Division your in, especially on those nights when your leading scorer and best (and not to mention stellar) outside threat match their worst FG% of the season without making a 3 pointer.
7/26/2012 2:54 AM
Posted by tdiddy3 on 7/25/2012 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Reminds me of my loss with NC Wesleyan after going 33-0 in the regular season and losing in the 1st round to a team that had 1/3 the talent of my roster. I almost quit playing WIS after that loss.
Similar story.... 29-0...three All-Americans (1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams)......lose to a 13-17 SIM team in the NT first round. 

This was a long time ago when big upsets happened more frequently.   WIS reduced the variance a few years ago and the upsets happen less often.
7/26/2012 3:56 AM
Posted by rsvphr on 7/25/2012 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I would be frustrated if this never happened. If you win or lose every game the way you should, you can just mail it in. I beat a BCS conference team this season that should have wiped the floor with me. No one ever complains when they win one like this. Which is not to say that I don't have a small tantrum when it happens to me especially when it's a SIM. :)
I disagree. When you're playing against a SIM team that is pretty terrible with an elite team, it's pretty dumb when you lose. It's not like you have any real control over this. It's pure variance. It's not fun that way. I mean, no #16 has ever upset a #1 seed for a reason. And only what, 4 or 5 #15's have upset 2's? It's dumb to build your team up over the course of the season to only lose to a team that makes absolutely zero sense that they could ever beat you. Yes it would be ridiculous to have the favorite always win, but that's just game ruining stuff IMO.
7/26/2012 7:47 AM
7/26/2012 9:37 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.