Ineligibles Recruiting Question Topic

i signed 2 one season, 1 I liked better than the other, so I gave him a little extra effort (what I had left over, about 1100) - he went juco, the other one showed. CS assures me they make decisions independently. (the one that went juco WAS better fwiw)
9/9/2012 12:14 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/9/2012 12:14:00 AM (view original):
i signed 2 one season, 1 I liked better than the other, so I gave him a little extra effort (what I had left over, about 1100) - he went juco, the other one showed. CS assures me they make decisions independently. (the one that went juco WAS better fwiw)
It's certainly possible to "sign" more than one during a single recruiting session.  However, getting them both to actually show up, now that's the trick.  I remember you sharing the ticket response you had with CS about this subject many moons ago.  Regardless of what they say, that each recruit decides independently, I don't think I've ever seen two show up in the same season for a human coached team.

I "have" seen two SR/5's on a Sim teams roster on more than one occasion, so I guess that theoretically it is possible, but I don't seem to ever recall a human coach confirming that he's actually pulled it off.  Seems that if you sign multiple ineligibles in the same season, you'll get one to enroll (and usually the worst of the bunch, as Dacj said happened to him and the rest will go JuCo, no questions asked).

Sucks too because there have been several instances where I was planning on running just a ten man rotation and there were two or three ineligibles who would have eventually been very good players, but since you NEVER seem to get them both to enroll, I just had to pick the better of the two and let the other one go.
9/9/2012 12:36 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/9/2012 12:36:00 AM (view original):
It's certainly possible to "sign" more than one during a single recruiting session.  However, getting them both to actually show up, now that's the trick.  I remember you sharing the ticket response you had with CS about this subject many moons ago.  Regardless of what they say, that each recruit decides independently, I don't think I've ever seen two show up in the same season for a human coached team.

I "have" seen two SR/5's on a Sim teams roster on more than one occasion, so I guess that theoretically it is possible, but I don't seem to ever recall a human coach confirming that he's actually pulled it off.  Seems that if you sign multiple ineligibles in the same season, you'll get one to enroll (and usually the worst of the bunch, as Dacj said happened to him and the rest will go JuCo, no questions asked).

Sucks too because there have been several instances where I was planning on running just a ten man rotation and there were two or three ineligibles who would have eventually been very good players, but since you NEVER seem to get them both to enroll, I just had to pick the better of the two and let the other one go.
how often does anyone try to sign 2? My sample size is 1...I'm guessing that if everyone posted thier data the sample size would still be tiny. Seems like you'd be a good case to try it out if you run walkons anyway - why not throw the extra $110 at a couple decent unsigned ineligibles a few times and see what happens... 
9/9/2012 7:26 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/9/2012 7:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 9/9/2012 12:36:00 AM (view original):

how often does anyone try to sign 2? My sample size is 1...I'm guessing that if everyone posted thier data the sample size would still be tiny. Seems like you'd be a good case to try it out if you run walkons anyway - why not throw the extra $110 at a couple decent unsigned ineligibles a few times and see what happens... 
I've tried it a couple of times in the past with no success.

When I said that I was planning on running a ten man rotation, it wasn't because I was planning on having two walk-ons.  My personal favorite setup is to run a ten man rotation, with a redshirt and an ineligible if I can.  I've got a team under another ID that I'm not real fond of, so I may try the two ineligible thing with that squad and see what happens.
9/9/2012 12:30 PM
I signed two, so I'll see if both show up. One only cost me $175 so if one doesn't he's the one I think will not due to effort. The other I do believe will show :)
3/18/2013 10:33 PM
◂ Prev 12
Ineligibles Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.