Early entry quirk/rule? Topic

Rupp - Oregon State.

My team runs anything that maximizes how long a player can remain in the game. This is necessary because of my horrible recruiting which is consistently leaving me with a VERY short bench. 8 guys 2 seasons ago, 7 guys last season for example. I'm running a slowdown zone. 

2 seasons back I had a guard return for his senior year that was so skilled he was listed as an example of what was wrong about the early entry process. This year my 2nd best PF is returning. Last season I used him as my starting PF bringing the #1 guy off the bench at C/PF/SF (hey, I said it was a short bench!). This starting PF, who isn't my best player, managed to be named 2nd team all-american. My #1PF is also returning for his junior year. He currently has the highest OVR in Rupp (yeah, he's durable and a lousy at FT's).

Is my team so short of people that guys won't leave early? What is that rule?

8/30/2012 7:20 PM
Walk-ons don't affect the numbers for guys leaving early Jenningss.  You're getting extremely lucky is all.
8/30/2012 9:50 PM
The rule is that you can lose no more than six players in a season due to graduation and/or early entries.  Walk-ons don't count toward that six player limit.  The senior transfer loophole has also been closed.  They no longer count towards the six either.
8/30/2012 9:51 PM
The 12/01/11 update added a rule that if a player would have normally been an EE he would stay if the team was losing 5 players. In the notes for this release it states that walk-ons do not count towards the 5 total. The 6/26/12 release changed that rule to 6 leaving instead of 5, and specifically added a provision that senior transfers who had only signed that season would not count towards the total. No mention is made of walk-ons either in the 6/26/12 release notes or the 6/21/12 developer chat (all of these, the release notes and developer chats are easily located under the help drop-down option on a team's homepage btw) but presumably the walk-on rule was maintained. If you consistently have numerous walk-ons I believe you are just getting lucky, although it is possible I suppose  that the walk-on exception got removed when the 5 man rule became a 6 man rule (intended or not).

ETA: damn...spent too much time crafting my response. Unless something broke the walk-on restriction I believe I agree with emy.
8/30/2012 10:04 PM (edited)
Prestige plays a big role in EEs now. At B+, your chance of EE is minimal.
8/30/2012 10:44 PM
You're not doing well enough to have EE's. seble has said that the recent EE update "punishes" teams that go further in the tournament. The further you go, the higher odds you have of a player leaving (allegedly)
9/1/2012 12:33 PM
Posted by wsut on 9/1/2012 12:33:00 PM (view original):
You're not doing well enough to have EE's. seble has said that the recent EE update "punishes" teams that go further in the tournament. The further you go, the higher odds you have of a player leaving (allegedly)
key word is still chance as Phelan Duke's PIT 3rd Jr guard EE that got drafted 57 can attest
9/1/2012 12:43 PM
Early entry quirk/rule? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.