I smell something fishy.... Topic

So that means he has at least 3 IDs in DII Allen... I wonder what the record for most teams at one time is
10/3/2012 12:51 PM
Posted by angmar on 10/2/2012 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Fredpaull=abelemons=irapost=coachgunnar=?  Those are just the known ID's, there may be even more.

Abelemons=Fredpaul?  Not very lilkely--abe was a very successful coach at SMU for some number of seasons before taking Kansas State.  The other aliases, who knows?  

10/3/2012 6:43 PM
Posted by tedlukacs on 10/3/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Fredpaull=abelemons=irapost=coachgunnar=?  Those are just the known ID's, there may be even more.

Abelemons=Fredpaul?  Not very lilkely--abe was a very successful coach at SMU for some number of seasons before taking Kansas State.  The other aliases, who knows?  

He confirmed it on our Coaches Corner a couple of seasons ago, but believe what you wish......
10/4/2012 4:38 PM
He confirmed it on our Coaches Corner a couple of seasons ago, but believe what you wish......

I believe you, except it is out of pattern.  8 years at Kansas State; 8 at UNC; 13 at SMU and nopw back to Kansas State.  At least moderately successful at all three schools; doesn't sound like the fredpaul everyone's been grousing about.   But if he said he was, have to believe him.
TL
10/4/2012 7:06 PM
I agree that it's totally out of character.  Always a possibility that he was BS'ing us too.

He did mention one time that he had a son who played HD at some point, maybe that was his ID and he inherited it when his son quit the game.  Who knows with this guy?
10/4/2012 7:54 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by furry_nipps on 10/5/2012 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedlukacs on 10/3/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):

He was in our conf. I'd hardly call his stay at SMU "Very successful." He made it to the NT 2 times in 15 years, and that was largely due to all of us moving up and boosting the conf RPI making it hard to not make the post season. Prior to us coming and building the conf up he had 2 winning seasons in 6 years. And that was when this conf was full of sim ai. Not a knock on him as he had success before coming here, but his results with us was pretty meh at best.
Now, THAT sounds more like the guy we all know.
10/5/2012 3:20 PM
Posted by ryrun on 10/2/2012 3:14:00 PM (view original):
He's into his 5th season @ Queens in Crum - might be a new record for him.  Granted, the team has slid from a national title the year before he got there to barely keeping the RPI in double digits as of last season (and most likely getting into triples this time around)... but hey, five seasons!
That team was so good no one could mess them up in 3 seasons....we won every game that NT run by 10 or more.  I check back on them and my flex/press uberathletic, fast, deep, swarming squad has been reduced to playing zone....such a sad state of affairs.
10/5/2012 4:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 12
I smell something fishy.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.