Do You Ever Wonder? Topic

How many schools you're the most winning coach at?  There are 2 that I know of, I could probably make it 3 if I stay where I'm at...others?  Do people care?  What I've found in my life is that a lot of the things that intrigue me, people could give 2 ***** about, thus the post.
10/8/2012 6:21 PM
i sometimes go back to my old schools and see if any players I recruited are in the record books...
10/8/2012 9:11 PM
I love checking the team history to see how I measure up against other former human coaches at the same school. One of these years I'm going to find a school that hasn't been to the NT yet and try to coach them up from the ashes. 
10/8/2012 9:39 PM
Nice, that challenge is growing on me as well, on top of coaching teams that have never been coached by a human before
10/8/2012 10:21 PM
I just got the idea...we had a coach in Rupp who guided his team to its first-ever conference title in Season 62 (poor guy lost the CT championship game, so they're still searching for that elusive first postseason trip as I think he'll miss the PIT as well...). 

But it got me thinking how cool it would be to give something like that a try ...
10/9/2012 2:25 AM
Still have allot of records hanging around for my old Currry stomping grounds.
10/9/2012 2:30 AM
I always try and pick the worst team in the conference I'm joining. Usually it ends up being a team that hasn't had a human coach in ages because no one wants to deal with a few rough seasons to get them back on their feet. I always stay there until I get them up to at least B+ or A- and then I move on to another project. While I'm not sure if I'm the most winning coach ever at those schools, I know that I've often had some of the deepest NT runs ever at some of those schools because they've either never been successful or haven't been in 10+ seasons.
10/9/2012 3:15 AM
smokin, do I have a job for you. . . 

Pacific Lutheran in Naismith has been ghost-shipped for ages, and the owner's subscription finally ran out. Coming off three consecutive 0-27 seasons (which were preceded by three consecutive 5-22 seasons). And in a top five conference as well. Dream school for anyone who likes challenging rebuilds and (hopefully) drastic turnarounds. 
10/9/2012 9:40 AM
Good challenge there. Tougher to recruit in that lonely part of the US too...
10/9/2012 10:12 AM
Posted by ldhmnh on 10/9/2012 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Good challenge there. Tougher to recruit in that lonely part of the US too...
Is it?  The Northwest Conference seems to be decently strong in a lot of worlds.
10/9/2012 11:33 AM
Do You Ever Wonder? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.