HD Reading List Topic

This is just a small list of what new HD coaches should take a look at.  I'm sure there are many other threads that are must reads for coaches that aren't on this list.  I encourage all new coaches to utilize the search function on the forums to help answer their questions.  Also, I recommend that any coach looking to improve to contact an accomplished veteran coach.  I had a few help me when I started here and still send sitemails to some coaches to bounce ideas off.  After a couple seasons, I noticed that I was struggling and had a HD user who agreed to mentor me.  He gave me his phone number and we texted back and forth for 6 months or so.  Sadly, I think he left this site and I remember his first name but not his user name.  But the point is that many on here are very helpful and these forums are full of great information.  What other threads could help coaches (specifically newer coaches)?

HD Index of Important (If Outdated) Information
How to Win at D2 and D3
Any Info on Schools by States and Division?
High Potential
Recruiting Distance Chart
Map of D2 Schools
Map of D3 Schools
Hail Hail Petec
11/8/2012 3:49 PM
kind of a shameless plug, i guess, but i would suggest the interview i did several months back as well. its got a lot of background info and i ask all my mentees to read it to provide a framework to work in, before i dig deep into their own teams and issues.

warning: this is a LONG interview, i told WIS i answered all the questions but it was way too long, so please just pick their favorites, but they wanted to post all of it, so they did. 
http://whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=interview_20120702
11/8/2012 4:05 PM
Posted by gillispie2 on 11/8/2012 4:05:00 PM (view original):
kind of a shameless plug, i guess, but i would suggest the interview i did several months back as well. its got a lot of background info and i ask all my mentees to read it to provide a framework to work in, before i dig deep into their own teams and issues.

warning: this is a LONG interview, i told WIS i answered all the questions but it was way too long, so please just pick their favorites, but they wanted to post all of it, so they did. 
http://whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=interview_20120702
Not  Shameless was good
11/9/2012 12:48 PM
All you really need is to read aejones' thread and you're good to go, imo. As far as just starting the game goes. Pretty much nailed it
11/9/2012 8:01 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1/7/2013 4:13 PM
how is the fredpaull random thread not on the list.  that's the greatest read ever

1/7/2013 7:53 PM
i think the point of the list was to provide new coaches insightful reads for educational purposes. the fredpaull thread causes you to lose at least 5 IQ points and you immediately take three steps back in your coaching career.
1/7/2013 9:17 PM
HD Reading List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.