work ethic under 10 - impact on off/def IQ growth Topic

I know that a work ethic under 10 will result in virtually no gain, but what about IQ growth?  does that slow down as well, or is it solely influenced by practice time?
thanks
11/14/2012 4:55 PM
I don't think I've specifically tracked that or anything, but I would say yes it does slow down.  I can remember having single digit WE guys make about B or B+ by their SR year.
11/14/2012 5:10 PM
Yah, what Killbatman said is true - This player should be a B- with his IQ in the Fastbreak, but he is only a C

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2204466
11/14/2012 5:29 PM
WE plus starting HS GPA impact how quickly IQ will grow. Lower equals slower.
11/14/2012 6:02 PM
I had a 4 WE JUCO who started out with an F in my defense. He was a C (possibly C-) when he graduated after two years. So it's definitely a lot slower. 
11/14/2012 9:43 PM
thanks, that's what I figured but have never taken anyone that low, so didn't actually know...
11/14/2012 10:50 PM
I have had one player with a WE that low. I was so excited by his hi-potential ratings that I forgot to even look at it. I've kept him around, mostly because he was fairly strong to begin with (60 ath-47 spd-40 def-62 per) and he's been a solid backup. You can imagine me seeing his Blues in Spd, Def, Per, Pas and thinking I had just scored a blue chipper, but he has had almost no growth whatsoever. As a senior now, his WE has finally gotten to 10 and his Offensive IQ is at a B+.
11/15/2012 10:48 AM
Posted by artie40 on 11/15/2012 10:48:00 AM (view original):
I have had one player with a WE that low. I was so excited by his hi-potential ratings that I forgot to even look at it. I've kept him around, mostly because he was fairly strong to begin with (60 ath-47 spd-40 def-62 per) and he's been a solid backup. You can imagine me seeing his Blues in Spd, Def, Per, Pas and thinking I had just scored a blue chipper, but he has had almost no growth whatsoever. As a senior now, his WE has finally gotten to 10 and his Offensive IQ is at a B+.
this sounds about right. low work ethic players should go into senior year with a B or B+, depending on their hs gpa.
11/15/2012 1:08 PM
work ethic under 10 - impact on off/def IQ growth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.