RPI record for non-conf? Topic

If only I had some more humans in conference F&M might would have a shot at breaking the D3 RPI record. Currently at .8131
In exhibition we beat the current #10 D2 team by 12 and then beat Georgetown by 7 in the next game.

Our average margin of victory against the #1 SOS is 17.5 ppg

Kind of funny though. We are 7-0 against the top 25 and the Centennial conference is ranked 8th and i'm the only human coach here. Sorry had to brag a little cause i worked very hard to build this squad. ;)

Franklin & Marshall

Hopefully some good coaches will see this and come join me in the Centennial - D3 Phelan. Penn St., Berks only loses 2 players and will bring back a pretty good team and we also have your old buddy you used to blaze it up with, John(ny) Hopkins.

11/17/2012 3:56 PM (edited)
It would be a lot more impressive if you didn't have 6 seniors and 4 juniors...

It's a great team, but the guys you have would be a normal top 10 caliber team if you had something close to a 3-3-3-3 class distribution.

11/17/2012 4:06 PM
Definitely the highest I have seen.
11/17/2012 4:24 PM
I think it would be near impossible to post these numbers with a 3-3-3-3 class, although i agree it would be more impressive. But, we did go 32-2 and lose in the Final Four last season by 5 with no seniors on the team. 
11/17/2012 4:26 PM
And imo, superclass is a great way to go from C prestige to A+ in 4 seasons. I did the same thing in my Menlo rebuild and never looked back. It's a legitimate strategy so you don't need to defend yourself doc.
11/17/2012 4:29 PM
I would rather have a 5-5-2 split and win than a 3-3-3-3 and go out in the 2nd rd. Thanks, tianyi. I have seen your success and studied some of your teams so it is great to get a pat on the back from a coach that has had so much success in this game.
11/17/2012 5:29 PM (edited)
I'm not attacking him, the team is really well put together.
11/17/2012 5:55 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/17/2012 5:55:00 PM (view original):
I'm not attacking him, the team is really well put together.
No worries, dahs. I know what you mean, but even with a superclass setup they are still pretty dang good. ;)
11/17/2012 6:07 PM
I hope I beat you today....
11/17/2012 8:01 PM
Well let's hope not. But I will probably will lose a couple now that I decided to get boastful.   :)

No coaches want to come to the Centennial? We'll take good coaches, bad coaches, new coaches. As long as your name isn't SIM AI we have a team available.

11/17/2012 9:05 PM (edited)
Posted by docwooden on 11/17/2012 3:56:00 PM (view original):
If only I had some more humans in conference F&M might would have a shot at breaking the D3 RPI record. Currently at .8131
In exhibition we beat the current #10 D2 team by 12 and then beat Georgetown by 7 in the next game.

Kind of funny though. We are 7-0 against the top 25 and the Centennial conference is ranked 8th and i'm the only human coach here. Sorry had to brag a little cause i worked very hard to build this squad. ;)

Franklin & Marshall

Hopefully some good coaches will see this and come join me in the Centennial - D3 Phelan. Penn St., Berks only loses 2 players and will bring back a pretty good team and we also have your old buddy you used to blaze it up with, John(ny) Hopkins.

Funny story about Johns Hopkins. Many people omit the 's' at the end of Johns. That's a sore point with the school. 

The president of Johns Hopkins was once asked to give a speech in Pittsburgh.  The emcee introduced him as 'the president of John Hopkins.'  The president stood and said, "Thank you. I'm delighted to be here in Pittburgh."
11/18/2012 4:46 AM
okay.  i know its 3:30am, but it should not have taken me five minutes to figure out the S was missing in Pittsburgh

holy FAAAAAAAK

good night

11/18/2012 6:51 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 11/18/2012 4:46:00 AM (view original):

Franklin & Marshall

Funny story about Johns Hopkins. Many people omit the 's' at the end of Johns. That's a sore point with the school. 

The president of Johns Hopkins was once asked to give a speech in Pittsburgh.  The emcee introduced him as 'the president of John Hopkins.'  The president stood and said, "Thank you. I'm delighted to be here in Pittburgh."
Johns Hopkins also did a thing on April Fools day several years ago about taking the 's' off, saying it was clearly a mistake.
11/18/2012 8:09 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 11/18/2012 4:46:00 AM (view original):

Franklin & Marshall

This actually made me laugh. I would not have known the little fact about Johns Hopkins over john hopkins, but I could see this scenario with the pittsburgh thing playing out and it's a pretty good way to remind everyone.
11/18/2012 5:05 PM
I'm not in Phelan. What is the RPI now for Franklin & Marshall?
11/28/2012 12:16 PM
12 Next ▸
RPI record for non-conf? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.