Maryland and Rutgers move to Big Ten Topic

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/maryland-terrapins-acc-big-ten-conference-move-111912

"Scorecards. Get your scorecards here. You can't tell the conferences without a scorecard."
11/19/2012 2:08 PM
Georgia Tech wants in too O_o
11/19/2012 2:13 PM
Eventually they'll just start calling it the Big Twenty.
11/19/2012 2:27 PM
Because evidently the quality of football being played in the Big Ten isn't lukewarm enough right now?
11/19/2012 3:06 PM
Posted by hogstench on 11/19/2012 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Georgia Tech wants in too O_o
Tech should rejoin the SEC.  THey were members from 1933-63.  Of course, Georgia might have something to say about that.

Tech left the conference over the SEC's "recruiting camps."  Some SEC school would sign more players than they had slots. Then, they'd have 'recruiting camps', where they'd whittle down the number. By then, it was too late for the cut players to sign with other schools.
11/19/2012 3:14 PM (edited)
Yah, true that, Al.  Was surprised to hear they wanted to go to the BIG though - and Bistiza, my nephew asked me like 2 weeks ago why the Big 10 is the big 10 when they have 11 teams.  I just said because 1 teams sucks - now he'll think 3 will, lol. 

Vanderbilt pulled their game against Ohio State for next season in football, and was I like - great, there goes big money since they got San Diego St. in their place.  Didn't realized San Diego St. is going to the Big East, so they're not missing out on money.  Definitely need me a scorecard!

Soon Oxford University is going to join the SEC, Durham University is Going to the Pac 9000, and the University of Leicester is going to the ACC
11/19/2012 3:25 PM
San Diego St is going to the Big East? All these teams in completely opposite regions than their conference just annoy me to hell.
11/19/2012 4:15 PM
They argue that there will be 4 Super Conferences eventually, so you might as well get a head start.  Well in about 5-7 years I'm going to have to get my prostate exam...yet I'm oddly enough in no hurry to get the process started.  That's what this is.  Well actually, this is the cancer a prostate exam is designed to find.  But you get my point.
11/19/2012 7:12 PM
Posted by hogstench on 11/19/2012 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Yah, true that, Al.  Was surprised to hear they wanted to go to the BIG though - and Bistiza, my nephew asked me like 2 weeks ago why the Big 10 is the big 10 when they have 11 teams.  I just said because 1 teams sucks - now he'll think 3 will, lol. 

Vanderbilt pulled their game against Ohio State for next season in football, and was I like - great, there goes big money since they got San Diego St. in their place.  Didn't realized San Diego St. is going to the Big East, so they're not missing out on money.  Definitely need me a scorecard!

Soon Oxford University is going to join the SEC, Durham University is Going to the Pac 9000, and the University of Leicester is going to the ACC
Come on...the SEC is more likely to add a Community College than Oxford.
11/19/2012 7:14 PM
College sports needs to be smacked with a newspaper and told no.
11/19/2012 8:54 PM
It's all about the benjamins
11/19/2012 9:46 PM
Brilliant business strategy, but I don't have to like it.

Big Ten Network will now be packaged with the Yankees YES Network in NY, meaning some big big time money is coming.

11/19/2012 11:44 PM

According to sources, Boise St, San Diego St. and BYU are talking to the Mountain West

11/20/2012 3:35 AM
If Boise State and San Diego St. leave the Big East, and UConn joins the ACC, the Big East will be left with these 8  football schools:   Central Florida, South Florida, , Louisville, Cincinnati . Houston, Memphis, , SMU and Temple.  I think Louisville, too, would like to join the ACC. The  Cardinals constantly embarrass the Big East by their desire to leave at every opportunity.
11/20/2012 3:44 AM
When do the changes affect the HD D1?
11/20/2012 10:34 AM
12 Next ▸
Maryland and Rutgers move to Big Ten Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.