Advantage on sims? Topic

I coach Barry in DII and noticed after the first cycle a recruit was considering USC Aiken and the player is 20 miles from my campus. Barry  has a B- prestige and Aiken has a C- with no human coach in 10 years. In the past I have learned via mistakes depleting funds and unless I have to have the player to just move on. Just wondering if anyone has a good idea how the sim coached teams puts on recruits and why they seem to have an advantage from a far distance. I did send this recruit a campus visit and phone call and he claimed he was interested but considered Aiken from the start. Any good advice appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

11/19/2012 3:50 PM
SIM coached teams recruit everyone as if they are around 200 miles away - doesn't matter if the recruit is 10 miles away or 5000 miles away, all of their actions are priced at roughly 200 miles.  So, while that gives them an advantage on recruits that are far away, it's a disadvantage for them when the recruit is in their backyard.

When recruiting against a SIM team, the first thing you should do is check the FSS Word On The Street.  If the recruit is *tight* with the SIM team, it's going to cost a decent bit to pull him away, just like with any recruit.  Check the SIM team's budget - they always leave room for two walk-ons, so if they have five openings, they'll likely have three considering with a pecking order in their spending.  If you're trying to take their top target, it can get expensive.  But if he's only 20 miles from your campus and if you have a decent bit of funds available, it shouldn't be hard to knock Simmy  off.  

Plus, once you get the lead on a SIM team, the only way you can give it up is if you waited over 24 hours from the start of recruiting to get on the recruit's list - in this case, the SIM team will be accruing considering credit that you won't be.  Nobody knows for sure how much considering credit is worth - it seems to be a very slow burn, but there have been instances where people lose the lead to Simmy overnight and the only explanation is considering credit catching up.  So, better to try and just knock the SIM team totally off the list in that case.
11/19/2012 3:58 PM
I've found in my battles with Sim teams that I can stop putting forth recruiting effort as soon as "Word on the Street" says the recruit is leaning toward playing at my school. I have never yet lost the lead once I've gained it and knew threw WOTS.
11/20/2012 10:41 AM
Posted by bistiza on 11/20/2012 10:41:00 AM (view original):
I've found in my battles with Sim teams that I can stop putting forth recruiting effort as soon as "Word on the Street" says the recruit is leaning toward playing at my school. I have never yet lost the lead once I've gained it and knew threw WOTS.
this is true, but you can really stop earlier than this. you get the "far ahead" scholarship message before WOTS leads roll around, and that is more than enough.
11/20/2012 11:19 AM
Advantage on sims? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.