I've hit the full list, and I'd add the undefeated season as a great goal too. Winning an NT at your alma mater is a great feeling too. My favorite random achievement is almost having all 5 preseason 1st team all-Americans. I missed because I had moved from Maine to Duke that offseason and hadn't left a PF behind, but the first team C, SF, PG and SG were all Black Bears.
12/7/2012 12:21 PM
I have more modest goals, as I've not yet achieved these:

Make it to a Final Four
Have a top 10 RPI team
Have an All-American player

I'd like to eventually move on to my alma mater and lead them to a Championship, but I feel like I owe my current teams more.
12/7/2012 1:28 PM
Did:
-Win national title
-800 rated DIII player
-Have the national player, defensive player, and freshmen of the year
-Coach the winningest program at its level in a world

New goals:
-Get to 5 national titles (doable with patience)
-Make an all time top 10 rpi list without joining a superconference to do it (would have made it a couple seasons ago with DVC if I hadn't been upset in the final four - near impossible since rpi has so much to do with who is in your conference)
-Undefeated season
-Coach the program with the most national titles at its level in a world
12/7/2012 1:45 PM
Where is there a top 10 RPI list? Found it.
12/7/2012 3:25 PM (edited)
I celebrated when my first player hit the 1000-point rating. I've only had one.
12/7/2012 4:47 PM
I've always thought WIS should have a "trophy room" or achievements page of some sort (maybe an additional tab on the coach profile) that has little badges or symbols indicating certain milestones like the one's that have been listed – similar to what you see with some console games.  Just thought it could add a little something extra to the game.  I'm sure coaches would love a way to keep track of their own accomplishments and show them off as well.
12/8/2012 7:25 AM
since this thread is still around, I'll post that I just had my 1st #1 draft pick. Check that one off the list (many more checks to go...)
12/8/2012 10:52 AM
Sign a player ranked < #100 to a DII team (although it doesn't really make that player all that good sometimes)
Sign a state's Mr. Basketball (again it doesn't really mean anything and is really easy in DI, but that was on my wish list back when I was in DIII)
Take a team to the national tournament that has never been (fairly easy to do, but still feels good to do it)
12/9/2012 9:08 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 12/6/2012 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gvsujulius on 12/6/2012 9:09:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys,

Having finally won a national championship at D3 I was wondering what other large accomplishments I had to look forward to.

I was wondering what milestone accomplishments people have celebrated.

Here are a few I thought of that I haven't had yet.

- Win a title at D2 & D1
- Have a player drafted
- Have a player drafted #1 overall
- Win back to back championships
- Obtain a job at a BCS conference
- Obtain a job at a premium BCS conference

Please feel free to respond and add to the list of milestones you have had in HD, so I can add more to the list.

As far as your initial list goes, I've actually accomplished all of those except the back-to-back titles.  I've actually had a couple of players go first in the draft.  That's always pretty cool.  Just checked and I've also had four guys go number two.  What's sad about that is that with all that talent, I've still only won two D1 titles.  Talk about the Roy Williams of HD.  Man, if anyone is a bigger choke artist than I am, I'd sure like to meet them.  By the way, this would have taken place under my emy ID.

Right here man. Choke artist SUPREME. 6 title game appearances. ZERO wins.
12/9/2012 10:08 PM
I started this pretty recently and although it took me a long time to get my first... I just won my 2nd title, this time D3 tark. My question is, do certain worlds and certain divisions get viewed differently for winning a title? Or is a title a title mo matter where it is won?

My titles are phelan d3 and tark d3, any difference?
1/1/2013 2:37 AM
Keep all that title mojo out of Tampa in Crum ... :D
1/1/2013 8:48 PM
man, i was happy to get my BCS school and PIT title. my first drafted player was huge too. i still have not made a FF or anything like that. my next goal is to get a Mizzou player drafted and make a NT and win a conference title.
1/1/2013 9:13 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/1/2013 2:37:00 AM (view original):
I started this pretty recently and although it took me a long time to get my first... I just won my 2nd title, this time D3 tark. My question is, do certain worlds and certain divisions get viewed differently for winning a title? Or is a title a title mo matter where it is won?

My titles are phelan d3 and tark d3, any difference?
i dont know exactly what the pecking order is for the divisions across worlds. i think a d3 wooden title would be viewed as worth more than d3 tark or phelan, but generally, people don't pay much attention to the world. i think if you asked 10 coaches, you'd get 10 different answers on what world/division is harder. generally in the 2/day worlds, tark is viewed as the hardest, but i have no idea if that extends down to d3 or not..

but across divisions, you definitely have some differences. winning your first d1 title is a big deal. the level of competition in d1 is usually higher than d2/d3, although there are exceptions, and recruiting is so much harder, its definitely counted differently. theres certainly a concept of "great HD coaches" and "great d2/d3 coaches". its like, you can win a **** ton of d2/d3 titles, but that does nothing to convince people you could cut it in d1, until you do. maybe part of it is how many top HD coaches are d1 only, or only have sideshow d2/d3 schools. on the other hand, only a few coaches are really known for being long term great d2/d3 coaches who dont play d1. 

my personal opinion is that regional luck, if you will (who is around you), can easily outweigh the divisional difference. in all divisions, there is just so much luck of the draw with that, you can get lucky and have a near ideal situation in an easy world, and titles might come a full 10 times easier than a tough spot in a tough world. sometimes more, in extreme cases, but i think that 10x can apply in fairly normal situations. winning in multiple places definitely means a lot more than winning at one place, for that reason. it didn't used to be nearly as severe, and for that reason, i think its MUCH easier to get lucky and win a title or two in today's game. so it just becomes all the more important to prove yourself with multiple teams, and to make it to d1 and prove it there, too. plus, there are more worlds, and fewer coaches, than there were several years ago. that definitely makes winning multiple places more valuable, too.
1/2/2013 2:17 AM (edited)
On that note, I would assume that just by the sheer number of titles he's won that Oldresorter has probably won at the most different schools.  I've got 12 titles under 3 ID's but have won those 12 at 10 different schools (continuing the theme a bit, I've also won with all 3 defenses and 3 of the 4 offenses, no FB titles.  1 D3 title, 9 D2 titles, and 2 D1 titles for anyone wondering.  Also 11 NT title game losses, so I'm barely above break even there).  I know Daalter/Girt stated that he had won at several different schools also.  Anyone else care to chime in with some "numbers of different schools taken to a title"?

And yes, that is most definitely a "look at me, look at me" post.
1/2/2013 3:14 AM
Posted by xcaliber715 on 12/9/2012 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dcy0827 on 12/6/2012 9:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gvsujulius on 12/6/2012 9:09:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys,

Having finally won a national championship at D3 I was wondering what other large accomplishments I had to look forward to.

I was wondering what milestone accomplishments people have celebrated.

Here are a few I thought of that I haven't had yet.

- Win a title at D2 & D1
- Have a player drafted
- Have a player drafted #1 overall
- Win back to back championships
- Obtain a job at a BCS conference
- Obtain a job at a premium BCS conference

Please feel free to respond and add to the list of milestones you have had in HD, so I can add more to the list.

As far as your initial list goes, I've actually accomplished all of those except the back-to-back titles.  I've actually had a couple of players go first in the draft.  That's always pretty cool.  Just checked and I've also had four guys go number two.  What's sad about that is that with all that talent, I've still only won two D1 titles.  Talk about the Roy Williams of HD.  Man, if anyone is a bigger choke artist than I am, I'd sure like to meet them.  By the way, this would have taken place under my emy ID.

Right here man. Choke artist SUPREME. 6 title game appearances. ZERO wins.
How about 5 title game losses in the last calendar year by a TOTAL of 12 points?  By 1, 1 in OT, 2 in OT, 3, and 5.  Yep, 2.4 points per game kept me from 8 NT's in the last year alone.  I reclaim my throne as HD's biggest and worst choke artist.
1/2/2013 3:54 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.