Dear Seble Claus, Topic

Posted by a_in_the_b on 12/13/2012 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Be able to set rules for how timeouts are utilized?

'If x number of players reach y level of fatigue, then timeout"

Etc.
+1
12/13/2012 5:44 PM
Posted by uconnut on 12/13/2012 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Id love the ability to do a mix of target minutes and fatigue. Be able to set by fatigue, with minimums set for specific players. So you could say "substitute by fatigue, but give this guy at least ten minutes"
I begged for this years ago.  Even drew up how it wuld work for Tarek.  Glad to see someone else mention it.
12/13/2012 5:50 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 12/13/2012 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Better record keeping in coaches resume folders... # of final four appearances, # of sweet 16's, etc.
+1, I'm nuts for record keeping.
12/13/2012 8:11 PM
I just realized that sounded like a joke or a dig, but it's not. I have notebooks (paper ones) and folders (also paper) going back ten years from this site, starting with sim league baseball.
12/13/2012 8:14 PM
Posted by point_piper on 12/13/2012 8:14:00 PM (view original):
I just realized that sounded like a joke or a dig, but it's not. I have notebooks (paper ones) and folders (also paper) going back ten years from this site, starting with sim league baseball.
That's awesome
12/13/2012 9:44 PM
i used to have like a 40 page document full of snap shots of every team i ever had. when i first missed a season, i was literally devastated. i would keep the starting point, ratings and iq, and then their final ratings, stats, iq, schedule, and standings, so i could look back fondly on my little angels. then i missed a few more over time and just stopped altogether. its funny though, how much those old players and teams can stick with you, i remember so many like it was yesterday. yet there have been times i couldnt even name the players on my current team - even on my real teams. but some of those old guys ill probably still be able to rattle off 5 years from now!
12/13/2012 10:47 PM
Proof seble still exists. Any proof at all. It is pretty sad he has been absent as long as he has been. HD almost feels like it has been ghost shipped by WIS.
12/13/2012 10:54 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/13/2012 10:47:00 PM (view original):
i used to have like a 40 page document full of snap shots of every team i ever had. when i first missed a season, i was literally devastated. i would keep the starting point, ratings and iq, and then their final ratings, stats, iq, schedule, and standings, so i could look back fondly on my little angels. then i missed a few more over time and just stopped altogether. its funny though, how much those old players and teams can stick with you, i remember so many like it was yesterday. yet there have been times i couldnt even name the players on my current team - even on my real teams. but some of those old guys ill probably still be able to rattle off 5 years from now!
That is what I do, been able to stick with it so far.
12/13/2012 11:31 PM
what do you think they'd sell HD for?

im guessing with all this **** intertwined on 1 site, you'd have to buy the whole of WIS. still, id love to know what they'd take for it.
12/14/2012 12:05 AM (edited)
+1 to:
1) 2 Redshiirts.
2) Being able to set individuals for fatique or targeted minutes.
3) Allowing input of recruiting actions before 6pm first cycle starts to apply to that cycle.

Also would like the ability to determine team "O" & "D" time on an individual basis, so practice time could be used ibb areas most important to the coach.
12/14/2012 12:17 AM
Posted by coachcali on 12/14/2012 12:17:00 AM (view original):
+1 to:
1) 2 Redshiirts.
2) Being able to set individuals for fatique or targeted minutes.
3) Allowing input of recruiting actions before 6pm first cycle starts to apply to that cycle.

Also would like the ability to determine team "O" & "D" time on an individual basis, so practice time could be used ibb areas most important to the coach.
Ideally this would be great, but it doesn't make sense.

How do you get your players' IQs up in certain offenses and defenses? By having them practice those offenses and defenses, and you can't really practice on offense or defense without nine other guys (well four technically, but nine to really be effective) on the floor.
12/14/2012 12:30 AM
Hey guys just a personal thought here, sometime some of us coaches get extremely harsh here in our comments. How much of that would you take in RL? If in fact this is not a profit concern for FOX they may only take so much abuse before ending it. Yes, there is alot that can be done to improve the game. Being a 20 yr RL coach and a student of the game, I have as many suggestions and thoughts as anyone. In life one of the most important parts of communication is delivery. Ours is not good at times.

I get as frustrated as anyone. However, I would rather have this game as is than not have it at all. If we didn't have it what would us addicts do? LOL! As a retired RL coach because of health issues, I felt like a part of me was missing. When I found this game it lit me up. It energized me. I now have 4 teams under this ID and under coachvegas44. I sincerely don't know what I would do without it now. 

Perhaps we could be more civil in our requrests. The alternative does not appear to be working. Just a thought for you consideration.
12/14/2012 12:44 AM
Posted by coachcali on 12/14/2012 12:44:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys just a personal thought here, sometime some of us coaches get extremely harsh here in our comments. How much of that would you take in RL? If in fact this is not a profit concern for FOX they may only take so much abuse before ending it. Yes, there is alot that can be done to improve the game. Being a 20 yr RL coach and a student of the game, I have as many suggestions and thoughts as anyone. In life one of the most important parts of communication is delivery. Ours is not good at times.

I get as frustrated as anyone. However, I would rather have this game as is than not have it at all. If we didn't have it what would us addicts do? LOL! As a retired RL coach because of health issues, I felt like a part of me was missing. When I found this game it lit me up. It energized me. I now have 4 teams under this ID and under coachvegas44. I sincerely don't know what I would do without it now. 

Perhaps we could be more civil in our requrests. The alternative does not appear to be working. Just a thought for you consideration.
Doesn't matter, nothing works.... Seble only comes out if a cycle doesn't sim or something of that nature.

And it's a business; they're not going to shut down if they are profitable because they get requests that they consider to be rude, and if they aren't profitable their decision to shut down would not be based on our comments, it would be based on the fact that they're not making any money...
12/14/2012 12:50 AM
backboy, I understand what you are saying. However in RL O's & D's are actually practiced with from 2 to 5 players at a time on each in breakdown sessions. If I had a player who is an A/A+ I would some time have him off on the side working on individual skills that could be utilized in team situations.
12/14/2012 12:55 AM
Posted by coachcali on 12/14/2012 12:55:00 AM (view original):
backboy, I understand what you are saying. However in RL O's & D's are actually practiced with from 2 to 5 players at a time on each in breakdown sessions. If I had a player who is an A/A+ I would some time have him off on the side working on individual skills that could be utilized in team situations.
I've played basketball all my life... you're not learning how to play an effective offense or defense without at least four other guys on the court, and it won't be ready for a game situation without another five playing O or D against you.
12/14/2012 12:58 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Dear Seble Claus, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.