So is there recruiting on Christmas?  I can't remember the last time this happened, so I am asking.  It looks like Allen recruiting is scheduled to either start on Xmas eve or Xmas.
12/20/2012 3:30 AM
Almost positive recruiting goes as usual, but I could be mistaken.
12/20/2012 3:55 AM
I think Allen recruiting should start on the 26th; NC games tomorrow, jobs Saturday through Monday, new coach signups start Tuesday (Christmas) and then recruiting Wednesday at 6.

I think it goes on as usual, there was a huge stink several years ago when they pushed it back on a couple of requests and I think they just stopped adjusting it. That being said, I'd have no problem if they put out a schedule Jan 1 and had a set group of days that no activity would take place.
12/20/2012 5:44 AM
If they made exceptions for one day they'd have to make exceptions for many more, so yes recruiting usually goes as scheduled no matter what day on the calander it falls out.
12/20/2012 6:08 AM
WifS stops for nothing, nor should it.
12/20/2012 9:05 AM
I am pretty sure it has been bumped for holidays before.
12/20/2012 2:17 PM
long ago it was bumped for acouple of holidays and the ripple effects led to complaints

they did one time arrange for a major engine update pause to happen at a holiday
12/20/2012 2:30 PM
It was at least 6 or 7 years ago that they stopped games on Christmas.   I remember because there was like 100 people on the live baseball game that day (there is normally about 10) all trying to get there WIS fix.
12/20/2012 3:17 PM
Yeah, I remember that.  I know game simming has run through the holidays for years now.  Has recruiting though ever been pushed back?  I think that may have happened because it is an easily manipulated change, and the huge majority in HD would prefer not recruiting on Xmas.
12/20/2012 8:22 PM
I don't know if the huge majority would prefer not to recruit on Christmas.   It's a helluva lot easier for me to recruit on Christmas Day than this weekend.
12/21/2012 8:27 AM
well, of course, this weekend is Festivus - airing of grievances and all that.....

Allen starts recruiting on the evening of Boxing Day...never have understood why the English call it that....must look that up

Merry Christmas, happy holidays,  to all
12/21/2012 9:23 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/20/2012 9:05:00 AM (view original):
WifS stops for nothing, nor should it.
This
12/21/2012 4:29 PM
Posted by mamxet on 12/21/2012 9:23:00 AM (view original):
well, of course, this weekend is Festivus - airing of grievances and all that.....

Allen starts recruiting on the evening of Boxing Day...never have understood why the English call it that....must look that up

Merry Christmas, happy holidays,  to all
It was the day for giving of gifts, or Christmas boxes, to people outside the family and close circle of friends IE coworkers or employees, neighbors, etc.
12/22/2012 1:16 PM
this debate would be moot if ONLY THE FIRST CYCLE WASN'T TWO FREAKIN HOURS!!!
12/22/2012 9:30 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.