what are your guys thoughts on double teaming one guy on another team?
12/25/2012 5:50 PM
It can be useful if he scores much more often than everyone else or if his scoring type does not line up with your defensive positioning (ex, the team shoots a lot of 3's but there is 1 guy who scores a lot in the paint so you play a plus defense with a DT on that player.)
12/25/2012 8:29 PM
Seems to me that the downside of doubleteaming pretty weak, especially when the target is a good passer.  Doubleteaming multiple players seems more effective than it should be as well.  May just be those instances sticking out in my memory.
12/25/2012 9:43 PM
so what your saying is that you have alot of success with dimenishing results when doubleteaming another teams players?
12/25/2012 9:47 PM
My experience is when the other team has 4 other capable scorers it doesn't work well. When they rely on one or two for scoring outcome seems to go in my favor more.
12/25/2012 10:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by poncho0091 on 12/25/2012 8:29:00 PM (view original):
It can be useful if he scores much more often than everyone else or if his scoring type does not line up with your defensive positioning (ex, the team shoots a lot of 3's but there is 1 guy who scores a lot in the paint so you play a plus defense with a DT on that player.)
+1 ... I do this a lot if I really want to play a large + or - and they have one good player who can exploit that setting.
12/26/2012 12:04 AM
Posted by jjohn45 on 12/25/2012 10:13:00 PM (view original):
My experience is when the other team has 4 other capable scorers it doesn't work well. When they rely on one or two for scoring outcome seems to go in my favor more.
My experience as well.  I always scroll down their stats page and look at FGA and FG%.  If one player is taking a lot more shots than anyone else, I might DT him.

I use it sparingly, though.  It seems most coaches who've been at this a while do try to build balanced rosters and make it tougher to even play +2 or -2.

12/26/2012 3:36 PM
I like to doubleteam post players with low passing and/or ball handing ratings who receive a decent share of the team's offensive distribution, but will rarely bother trying it on perimeter types who can either split the doubleteam or pass out of it to the open guy. The biggest exception to the tendency would be a low offensive IQ freshman or sophomore "hired gun" type that jacks a lot of 3's. 
12/26/2012 3:49 PM
Posted by _nudi_ on 12/25/2012 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coachuk on 12/25/2012 5:50:00 PM (view original):
what are your guys thoughts on double teaming one guy on another team?
AS LONG AS YOU DONT CROSS SWARDS OR LOOK THE OTHER DUDE IN THE EYE ITS COOL!!!!!!!!
if you are double teaming a guy I don't think those rules apply...
12/27/2012 12:06 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.