Best way to recruit internationals in D2 Topic

I've never recruited internationals, ever.  I'm thinking of taking a D2 job close to the border.

Can anyone help?
12/30/2012 8:38 PM
There is no FSS so call the coach is the way to get info. At D2 international scouting trips are kind of expensive and not used as much as in D1. Other than that it is pretty straight forward.
12/30/2012 11:27 PM
So do people just recruit guys without knowing their potentials?

12/31/2012 2:53 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 12/31/2012 2:53:00 AM (view original):
So do people just recruit guys without knowing their potentials?

You can get some of the potential thru scouting trips but, as has been mentioned, it's  expensive at D2 and D3.    So, yes, some coaches recruit internationals without knowing all the potential. 

On the plus side, there's rarely a battle for internationals at D2 and D3. 
12/31/2012 4:28 AM
if i go international i do it without knowing potentials, too expensive to scout. i always wait for drop downs and hope for the best
12/31/2012 11:09 AM
I'll take a flier on an international I know little or nothing about as far as potentials if I have one or two scholarships left and have signed my other guys already. If he's a drop-down he should be decent to start with (or you shouldn't consider him anyway) and as alblack said you probably won't have to fight for the guy.

Still, it can get expensive just to get him to consider you even if he's a drop-down unless you are close to the border and he's close to you.

12/31/2012 3:59 PM
I've heard from a former conference mate it takes half the effort to pull down an international. I have yet to test this.
1/1/2013 2:50 PM
I've had internationals consider me after as little as 2 evals and usually by the 3rd they are considering me (whether I want them to or not).  Those are usually guys that are soon to drop or have already dropped.
1/1/2013 3:36 PM
Best way to recruit internationals in D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.