SIM recruiting after signings Topic

I had thought SimAI coaches didn't recruit after their initial targets, but apparently I was wrong.

I've signed all my players and filled all my scholarships, but there is a player I had as a possible backup target who was not considering anyone (SimAI or otherwise) and now suddenly he's considering a SimAI team.

My only thought is that the SimAI must have had one or more of its other targets signed away by a human coached team and this player is a replacement target.

My question is this: Does the SimAI put all its effort into the replacement target all at once?

I ask because it would suck if I'd lost my last recruit in the battle I ended up winning and wanted to go after my backup only to find the SimAI has destroyed my chances. I guess a human could do the same, but it still sucks to have a SimAI come in and scoop up your backup option if you needed him.

1/2/2013 11:20 AM
Sim teams do recruit again after signings begin ... On the last day.

They are not supposed to do anything except grab undecided recruits though.
1/2/2013 11:43 AM
SIMs hit there secondary targets starting 2-3 cycles after initial signings.

Leaving a backup option exposed to SIMs (and humans) is risky.
1/2/2013 11:47 AM
How do you not "leave a backup option exposed"? By recruiting them until they consider you?

If that's the case, then if you don't end up needing them, you have to effectively "waste" the money you need to spend in order to do get them considering you, which could potentially cost you any battles you're fighting (which you hope to win so you don't need the backup player).

Plus, if you get your backups to consider you, then you end up in a scenario where human coaches can see that you have more players considering you than you have scholarships to fill, which some coaches use as a signal to try to fight you in battles.

So now you have your backups considering you to not "leave them exposed", but you end up in more battles for your primary players and end up losing more of them, so you end up with backups rather than primary players in several spots. That's a possibility with that strategy.

1/2/2013 1:08 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/2/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):

wow. glad i checked the forums and found this gem. aren't you the same guy that told me no way that sims recruit after the first cycle? to the point where we almost wagered benching stars when we played h2h???? 
1/2/2013 1:19 PM
I'm still not sold that it's an absolute that all sims conduct a second round of recruiting after the signings begin.
We do know that after the signings begin, a recruit's minimal requirements for recruiting effort continues to drop.   And sims do appear on new guys a couple cycles after the signings begin.

But haven't you ever spent some effort on a recruit, but not enough to have him consider you?  Then later in recruiting he shows up considering you.  I've even had other coaches ask why I was recruiting different guys when I hadn't spent anything the prior 24 hours. 

Isn't it possible this also happens to sims?   Maybe they put in 50% on their top target.  Then 20% on both #2 and #3, and 10% on #4.  Maybe that 10% effort doesn't show up as considering until much later in recruting.
If all sims do a second round of recruiting, then why is it that not all sims show up on additional targets even though they have more openings than others that do show up?

Or maybe it's something like additional recruiting is done only by those sims that lost their primary target.
1/2/2013 2:56 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 1/2/2013 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 1/2/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):

wow. glad i checked the forums and found this gem. aren't you the same guy that told me no way that sims recruit after the first cycle? to the point where we almost wagered benching stars when we played h2h???? 
JTT - pleae print this and place in your HD scrapbook under gems of wisdom.

SIMS DO NOT put ANY additional effort towards their INITIAL targets after the initial cycle. (as discussed)
SIMS DO contact and recruit ADDITIONAL players after signings if their initial targets are all signed by humans.
1/2/2013 3:45 PM
Posted by Iguana1 on 1/2/2013 2:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm still not sold that it's an absolute that all sims conduct a second round of recruiting after the signings begin.
We do know that after the signings begin, a recruit's minimal requirements for recruiting effort continues to drop.   And sims do appear on new guys a couple cycles after the signings begin.

But haven't you ever spent some effort on a recruit, but not enough to have him consider you?  Then later in recruiting he shows up considering you.  I've even had other coaches ask why I was recruiting different guys when I hadn't spent anything the prior 24 hours. 

Isn't it possible this also happens to sims?   Maybe they put in 50% on their top target.  Then 20% on both #2 and #3, and 10% on #4.  Maybe that 10% effort doesn't show up as considering until much later in recruting.
If all sims do a second round of recruiting, then why is it that not all sims show up on additional targets even though they have more openings than others that do show up?

Or maybe it's something like additional recruiting is done only by those sims that lost their primary target.
IG - this was a question I posed to CS years ago.

With regards to human recruting.  Recruits have a minimum amount of effort needed to get them to consider you.   As the recruiting periods progress (especially after signings) this minimum amount drops so that a recruit may eventually consider you even if you have not done any additional effort.
1/2/2013 3:47 PM
SIM recruiting after signings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.