How do I get to D1? Topic

Wouldn't suspect it be this hard with all the D1 openings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1/3/2013 9:23 AM
the honest short answer?  win more.
1/3/2013 9:46 AM
Keep winning at D2 and you will get there. Take a look at coaches profiles and see what type of seasons they had before they moved up to D1. This will help you see what type of sustained success you need.
1/3/2013 9:49 AM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 1/3/2013 9:46:00 AM (view original):
the honest short answer?  win more.
Fair enough... lol
1/3/2013 10:21 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/3/2013 9:49:00 AM (view original):
Keep winning at D2 and you will get there. Take a look at coaches profiles and see what type of seasons they had before they moved up to D1. This will help you see what type of sustained success you need.
It varies but it appears a couple good seasons in row is the minimum. I have a good bit of work to do still. Took me a few years to learn exactly what to look for.

Thanks for the quick and honest replies!
1/3/2013 10:22 AM
You need to have multiple seasons at DII as well. I've had three seasons making the PIT in Iba and I don't want to move up to DI but was curious and I am not qualified for any DI jobs yet. I don't know if I'll ever move up to DI there - I have one DI job and that's really all I want at this point. To me, DII and DIII are more fun.
1/3/2013 10:30 AM
You can move up to D1 from D3 as well if you have enough success.
1/3/2013 10:31 AM
On the D3 to D1 jump, I know its possible because I am qualified for most of the very low tier programs after my many seasons in D3 Tark, but is there any point where you would be qualified for anything higher than the bottom of the barrel? I'm not really considering it, but just curious about the possibility.
1/3/2013 11:09 AM
I'm qualified for most of the C DI jobs in Crum from DIII. The one I'm not is a Big 10 job so that makes sense.
1/3/2013 11:23 AM (edited)
Coming off a NC in Tark D3 I am a longshot from Columbia (IVY) C prestige but I am qualified for all the smaller D or D+ jobs.
1/3/2013 11:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Derek, you've got 5 seasons on your resume, only one season that was any good, no NT wins, and an overall losing record.  Honest answer, you've got a lot of work to do.  A bunch.  Don't be in such a hurry to get to D1, as you said there are plenty of openings.  D1 is a whole different animal than D2/D3.  Learn the game first, then put what you learn into forming a competitive team.  Get yourself familiar with the ratings and what they really mean, how they really work.  Patience grasshopper.
1/4/2013 12:21 AM
Oh no worries peoples. I bought plenty of seasons. Actually enjoy this. Just curious exactly what it takes.
1/4/2013 11:09 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/3/2013 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Coming off a NC in Tark D3 I am a longshot from Columbia (IVY) C prestige but I am qualified for all the smaller D or D+ jobs.
That's odd...I'm qualified for that Columbia job. 

I lied, I'm a longshot for Columbia as well.  But qualified for a few others (I believe Norfolk and 1 more).  Are you?
1/4/2013 12:43 PM
How do I get to D1? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.