Hoops Dynasty 2033 Topic

Often I've wondered what it'd be like to watch my HD team play instead of just reading their box scores the following day.  I've wondered what it'd be like to attend a Conference Playoff game, where it'd be, who's cheer block would be louder, etc...  20 years from now, HD could be like:
  • "To renew your next season, please pay $149."  Or, perhaps the "$" might not exist anymore.  We'll be using some type of "unit" system that automatically comes out of our account, through use of bar code, tattoo'd on our wrists.
  • Watching our games from the bench, like a real coach, will be exciting, as our houses/rooms will be draped nanotechnology, transforming our rooms into the gyms or our choosing.  
  • The game engine will allow us to coach in "real-time," which will allow us to make changes in middle of the game - just in case our crap Man to Man Defense isn't working, or double-teaming Jim Bob Smith is leaving too many other opposing players open.  
  • We'll be able to meet our recruits "face to face," and lie to 'em about how great it'll be to come play for our school.  Perhaps we could even read facial expressions on a kid's face instead of getting the obligatory message of how "your school sucks," and how "he's holding out to play for a higher division."  
  • Maybe there will be no HD at all?  Hasn't some other civilization predicted the end of our world between now and then? 
Anything I missed?

1/17/2013 12:45 PM
Perhaps two of your cheerleaders could come to your house and make brownies with your wife,,,a halftime snack
1/17/2013 1:01 PM
My prediction is that it will still be almost exactly the same as it is now other than a few cosmetic changes (like there will be 50 players on your team records sheet instead of 25).
1/17/2013 1:13 PM
most likely it won't exist in 2033. 20 years is a long time for technology, especially sites that have very little monetary support from ownership.

the games themselves can't change that much, what you describe is a totally different game, one that's almost already avaialble. it's NCAA basketball for xbox with dII and DIII added in. 

1/17/2013 1:41 PM
Nowhere near it...
1/17/2013 2:16 PM
pretty much what I want is a combo of modern video games and WIS.

I want to be able to be able to control it online, and have the games sim at a certain time without me having to turn anything on if I so choose like WIS.

I want gameplanning to be in depth like video games, and to be able to control in game situations either on my phone or console if I so choose.

I want the compeititon to be like WIS - against a ton of humans from around the country.

pretty much I'd take NCAA13 - with DII and DIII added - if I could get the person vs person aspect of WIS.
1/17/2013 4:21 PM
if someone doesnt make a better sim and put HD out of business in the next 5 years, ill be surprised...
1/17/2013 4:46 PM
It's too bad the last college basketball video game to come out was in 2010 (although the last good one was in 2008, CH2K8).
1/17/2013 5:09 PM
Posted by gillispie on 1/17/2013 4:46:00 PM (view original):
if someone doesnt make a better sim and put HD out of business in the next 5 years, ill be surprised...
I thought that was your job.
1/17/2013 5:32 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 1/17/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
It's too bad the last college basketball video game to come out was in 2010 (although the last good one was in 2008, CH2K8).
true.

1/17/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by ike1024 on 1/17/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 1/17/2013 4:46:00 PM (view original):
I thought that was your job.
I thought so too.  You've said on numerous occasions that you were working on your own Sim engine, right?
1/17/2013 9:39 PM
There is a site out there...Sports Sim...not sure if they're still around or not, but played one season of their ****** cbb game, and that's all she wrote.  If you think HD sucks, pine the landscape, because it's barren.  Shockingly enough, I think I gave them a piece of my mind and spoiled my welcome lol...I think I just talked **** about their game on their boards and lauded how good HD was/is...seemed like such a crapshoot.
1/17/2013 9:59 PM
i think it would take more than one basketball sim competitor to put them out of business, i just think sim sports has to get bigger eventually. the reality is such a small % of the potential market for the WIS games even knows it exists - so i think you could have a bunch of companies doing it, with a handful bigger/more successful than WIS. 

and i guess there is always the hope that they will come around and care about their games again - i just don't think they can go on not caring for a lot longer. if they start caring, anything is possible...
1/17/2013 10:21 PM
By then I imagine all our fake players will have real girlfriends.
1/17/2013 10:38 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 1/17/2013 10:38:00 PM (view original):
By then I imagine all our fake players will have real girlfriends.
+1
1/17/2013 10:42 PM
12 Next ▸
Hoops Dynasty 2033 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.