One year coach gets B+ D2 job over me... Topic

yeah, that's odd - Coach of the year is the only thing I can guess
1/18/2013 5:18 PM
Posted by hogstench on 1/18/2013 5:18:00 PM (view original):
yeah, that's odd - Coach of the year is the only thing I can guess
Only conference coach of the year.

I mean my resume isn't the greatest, but I spent two years and won the conference twice and the CT once...

I guess the lesson I learned is if you want to move up, grab a good D3 team for a year and then jump.

1/18/2013 5:29 PM
in the most recent year, hes got 2 fewer losses and a lot better rpi. so his year is better than your best, and im honestly not sure if your 2 season resume is better than your 1 season resume with the most recent season
1/18/2013 5:35 PM
It's 2 season vs 1 season, and your 2 season are mediocre at best while his lone season is above average. I see nothing wrong with this.
1/18/2013 6:14 PM
So loyalty means nothing. I mean guy was an at-large bid, doubt he gets the job if he doesn't go to the tourney.

LESSON LEARNED! IF YOU WANT TO GO TO D2 JUST JUMP ON TEAM WITH ALL SR'S FOR ONE YEAR!
1/18/2013 8:00 PM
lol....2 seasons is not enough to talk about loyalty
1/18/2013 8:18 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 1/18/2013 8:18:00 PM (view original):
lol....2 seasons is not enough to talk about loyalty
2>1
1/18/2013 8:56 PM
I dont see anything odd there...not sure wise move for either of you to jump to div 2 with 1-2 seasons in div 3
1/18/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by vegask on 1/18/2013 8:00:00 PM (view original):
So loyalty means nothing. I mean guy was an at-large bid, doubt he gets the job if he doesn't go to the tourney.

LESSON LEARNED! IF YOU WANT TO GO TO D2 JUST JUMP ON TEAM WITH ALL SR'S FOR ONE YEAR!
You wouldn't have even made the NT if your conference had one decent human team. I don't think you dissing his at large bid has any merit whatsoever.
1/18/2013 10:08 PM

Don't know what rosters you're looking at but those two are almost identical (you had an extra SR versus his 1 more JR) ... and his had only a single SR on it.
1/18/2013 10:54 PM

Actually, that team has ONE senior. It does have a bunch of JUNIORS but only one senior. And at that, players he recruited garnered 43% of the minutes, including three of the starters. The only senior logged a massive 11.6 minutes a game. How is that a "team with all seniors" for a year? A total of seven upperclassmen on a team is not that odd. It's not like jumping on a team with seven seniors.

25% of points
36% of blocks
40% of steals
42% of assists
40% of rebounds

No, it's not all his players, but its not taking an nt team, adding a few bench scrubs and coasting either.

1/18/2013 11:05 PM
More than that, in this last season of YOURS guys you recruited played only twenty percent of the minutes.

1/18/2013 11:12 PM
I'm not dissing the guy or complaining at all. I just didn't get it...seemed very unrealistic.

The only winner here is WIS who got two seasons out of me.

1/18/2013 11:20 PM
Why unrealistic?

One guy comes in, takes an 18-9 team, gets them to the pt, then next year wins the ct in a weak conference and gets them to the nt.
Other one comes in, takes an 11-16 team, and in one year, with almost half the minutes played by freshmen and sophomores he recruited, makes the team twenty six and four including an at large bid to the nt based solely on resume for the year rather than winning the ct. No bad losses and some good wins.
1/18/2013 11:31 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
One year coach gets B+ D2 job over me... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.