Should(n't) I be able to get a D1 job? Topic

You are not qualified for Any Div 1 teams?
1/21/2013 8:54 PM
4 years at a d2 and no NTs? I'd go with no.
1/21/2013 8:56 PM
Maybe loyalty issues? prior to the last 4 years he's been hoping from job to job alot.
1/21/2013 9:52 PM
Posted by tkimble on 1/21/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
4 years at a d2 and no NTs? I'd go with no.
That plus a 9-19 season. Add in the fact that youve had 4 teams in the last 8 seasons and 5 in the last 10. I would think your loyalty wouldn't be good enough to move up.
1/21/2013 10:03 PM
My arguments for...my loyalty has always been at an A or A+, that's how I was able to land the Jacksonville job, and I've coached 3 seasons at D1 and I have a winning record...WIS is only losing money by not allowing me to play at D1 in Tark...I'm not going to piddle around in D2 trying to see what the bogey number of wins is, did that at HI-Hilo, and I really rather think it's a joke that I'm not eligible for any D1 jobs...no it's not a stellar resume, but I've coached 3 seasons at D1 and haven't been fired, made 4 D2 NTs and have compiled 350 wins.

What is the win threshold do you think?

1/22/2013 12:09 AM
I became eligible for D1/the Jacksonville job by merely not playing in Tark for 5 seasons (60-64), so I would hope that you can understand my "frustration" here.
1/22/2013 12:13 AM
wait, you are using the metric, "I've coached 3 seasons at D1 and haven't been fired" as part of your defense? Name me anyone ever in HD who was fired after 3 seasons.  You have no NT wins, and only 1 season did your RPI finish below 50 (45). Add to that the time off between jobs and I can see why you'd not be qualified for anything. Repeat last year's performance and you might be able to grab a D I bottom feeder.
1/22/2013 12:46 AM
I think I should still be able to get a D1 team...yes in my latest stint I didn't make the NT, but on the same credentials before with a 5 season layoff, I was able to play D1...I have a winning record to show for my last 4 years, but that's not enough to get me back where I've been TWICE before...gtfo...there's no consistency
1/22/2013 1:03 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/22/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
I think I should still be able to get a D1 team...yes in my latest stint I didn't make the NT, but on the same credentials before with a 5 season layoff, I was able to play D1...I have a winning record to show for my last 4 years, but that's not enough to get me back where I've been TWICE before...gtfo...there's no consistency
Just because there's a time off loophole doesn't mean they should lower the standards of who's able to land a D1 job after a poor D2 performance.
1/22/2013 9:01 AM
You definitely should be able to get a DI job.  Take the effort that you would devote to analysis of the number of wins needed to get to DI and  instead devote it to recruiting - so you can find players with the potential to get you to the NT and it will work.

1/22/2013 10:23 AM
Go to a better D2 school that you can recruit better players at and you won't have a problem getting to D1.
1/22/2013 10:55 AM
Colonels, there IS consistency. In both previous times where you moved up to DI, your 2 previous seasons at D2 were first round trips to the NT. Your current run at Hawaii has nothing like that. Like some said above, go get the players to reach the D2 NT, once or maybe twice, and you should be eligible for low DI. The fact that you've been in DI twice before simply has nothing to do with it (and never did). The promotion logic cares about what you've done lately at the schools you're coaching. You could've won NT championships at UCLA 15 years ago, and the logic would only care about what you've done recently, certainly no more than 10 seasons, per the latest promotion changes.
1/22/2013 11:56 AM
i would say no. below average RPI. no NTs in last 5 seasons. no players drafted. no conference championships. 

I understand you want a D1 job. Make the NT next season and you might get one, albeit a really sucky one.
1/22/2013 12:26 PM
What jskenner said -- it's totally consistent. You want to prove that you belong in DI -- your recent D2 stint better involve making the NT.

Even with a better resume before, you were only eligible for low end DI. You had three DI seasons and didn't make the postseason once, and then four more in D2 without even making the NT.

If you were still qualified for the same low DI jobs you were previously, I'd think that something was very wrong with that.

1/22/2013 1:48 PM
123 Next ▸
Should(n't) I be able to get a D1 job? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.