Fairly Fresh or Getting Tired? Topic

I'm just curious what most people set their fatigue setting at?  And what the mindset is behind doing it?
1/30/2013 11:57 AM
i generally set most players fatigue at "fairly fresh"...except for instances where there is pretty significant drop off in talent from my starter to a backup at any given position...then i set the starter at "getting tired"
1/30/2013 12:05 PM
Do you think that either way the starters get the same amount of minutes, just in fairly fresh they sub in and out more so they are fresher when they are on the court? or is there a minutes difference?
1/30/2013 12:43 PM
You're starters will play longer at "getting tired".  However, their extra minutes will be at a reduced effectiveness.
1/30/2013 12:46 PM
I agree with andrew5975. Fairly Fresh is pretty much the default setting unless there is a dropoff. Setting players at "getting tired" will get them about 3-5 more minutes per game.
1/30/2013 12:50 PM
I've factored in IQ advantage to this as well. Sometimes the drop off in ratings to getting tired makes my starter even with the backup the opponent will have in. However, if my player's IQ is signidicantly higher (assuming IQ doesnt diminish with fatigue, which I think it does not), I gain an advantage over his backup thats not as noticeable.
1/30/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/30/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
You're starters will play longer at "getting tired".  However, their extra minutes will be at a reduced effectiveness.
Herein lies the question, how much of a ratings drop does a player take when he goes from "fairly fresh" to "getting tired"?
1/30/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by clouseb on 1/30/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Herein lies the question, how much of a ratings drop does a player take when he goes from "fairly fresh" to "getting tired"?
The answer to this depends a lot on stamina. If the player has a really high stamina there may be minimal impact and visa versa.
1/30/2013 3:13 PM
Posted by Weena on 1/30/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
The answer to this depends a lot on stamina. If the player has a really high stamina there may be minimal impact and visa versa.
Wouldn't stamina just determine how quickly a player goes from "fairly fresh" to "getting tired"?  I always figured the ratings drop was the same player to player, and stamina simply determined how quickly a player got to that ratings drop.
1/30/2013 3:30 PM
Posted by clouseb on 1/30/2013 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Weena on 1/30/2013 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't stamina just determine how quickly a player goes from "fairly fresh" to "getting tired"?  I always figured the ratings drop was the same player to player, and stamina simply determined how quickly a player got to that ratings drop.
That is true, it takes the high stamina player longer to get to the lower fatigue ... BUT .., the higher stamina player is also playing less fatigued after every play too.

So if you compare player 1 (high stamina) and player 2 (low stamina). Lets say player 1 loses 0.5%, player 2 loses 1% per possession and they both need to drop 6 percent to get to Getting Tired (just an example).  It will take player 2 (6) possessions and player 1 (12) possessions to get to that level.

After 3 possessions,  Player 1 is playing at 97% efficiency while player 2 is playing at 98.5% ... after 6 possessions player 1 is playing at 94% and getting ready to come out, player 2 is playing at 97%.  So as the game progresses, Player 1 is always playing less efficiently than Player 2 for the time that they are active.
1/31/2013 11:26 AM
Fairly Fresh or Getting Tired? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.