ranking recruiting class Topic

where do u find your recruiting class rank if your outside top 32 as in the email?  Thanks
1/30/2013 8:37 PM
You can't.  And those recruiting class rankings are borderline worthless anyway - they heavily favor teams who sign a lot of players and teams who sign guys who aren't 4-year players (IE JUCOS and transfers).
1/30/2013 8:52 PM
What do you mean borderline worthless? They are completely 100% worthless.
1/30/2013 10:35 PM
thats what he meant ;) from an informational standpoint, there is some correlation between ranking and class quality, so you can either call that borderline worthless, or 100% worthless - but thats essentially a tomAto tomaato difference
1/30/2013 10:50 PM
The rankings also don't consider potential. They just rank the players 'at this moment'.  Walk-ons are counted as true freshmen also, which skews the ratings.
1/31/2013 4:48 AM
I only use the rankings to tell me if I managed to recruit well enough on some level to maybe have a shot at a good team in the future, particularly if the guys I recruited also have good potentials (and if I did it right they usually do).
1/31/2013 9:11 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/30/2013 10:35:00 PM (view original):
What do you mean borderline worthless? They are completely 100% worthless.
I don't think they are 100% worthless.   If you have a top 10 class you most likely don't have a bad class.   You don't have a top 10 class but it probably isn't awful.
1/31/2013 10:15 AM
It's a decent enough measure of classes that are all freshmen with no walk-ons. The JUCOs and transfers skew the results a lot because they are treated as if they were freshmen.
1/31/2013 2:59 PM
Yeah, worthless, but in DII and DIII ... you know if you get on that list with just Frosh, and you know you have high/high potentials in their cores ... you know you say "hubba hubba" :)
1/31/2013 3:07 PM
ranking recruiting class Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.