HBD Player Trying to Learn HD Topic

I've been playing HBD for awhile now- actually started on WifS with HD, but only played for a few seasons..

Anyways, I took over D2 Bellarmine in Phelan and we just started the season. I feel like I did fairly well recruiting and have a couple of decent upperclassmen on my roster.

I don't seem to really know how to gameplan or set distro at all. We've been hanging tough in first halves, but getting blown out in second halves.

Any advice on gameplanning for a semi-n00b?

2/21/2013 5:07 PM
no one will openly tell you how to gameplan for another user.
2/21/2013 5:43 PM
Morneau could be a decent scorer, but is taking too many 3's.  I would set him to a -1.  Your starting center is an efficient scorer, but he is just begging to be exploited defensively.  The combination of your man to man defense and his ATH/DEF ratings would allow any decent big man to have a field day.  If your freshman Drago has decent potential I would be starting him over Kinslow.  Plus his name is Drago.

You played your last game with basically only 7 people.  Play around with your depth chart a little more to get your backups more time.  I would strongly consider cutting Hay in the offseason too.

2/21/2013 6:03 PM
Read aejones' "how to win at D2 and D3" you could find it on the 2nd page of the forums.
2/21/2013 9:14 PM
be sure your depth chart is set to fatigue(and all your players set to fairly fresh) and not target minutes, this may be the reason you are being blown out late because your players are so fatigued. 
2/21/2013 10:06 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 2/21/2013 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Read aejones' "how to win at D2 and D3" you could find it on the 2nd page of the forums.
This is a great forum, from a great coach. if you study this thread, you will do very well.

2/21/2013 10:17 PM
Thanks guys.
2/24/2013 4:37 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 2/21/2013 9:14:00 PM (view original):
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763&TopicsTimeframe=30&TopicsPage=4

I keep it bookmarked.

2/24/2013 5:57 PM
HBD Player Trying to Learn HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.