Posted by tcochran on 2/23/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/23/2013 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tcochran on 2/23/2013 1:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/22/2013 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 2/22/2013 9:26:00 PM (view original):
seems like the appropriate responses from CS to me
+1. This is just one of the rewards built into the game for continuous play. It's a silly thing to complain about.
Your argument would be logical if this was a matter of hiring between two human coaches with similar resumes and one has been playing continuously and one has not.

Do WIS customers prefer to play in worlds with all SIM AI coaches or do they prefer humans?  Most would say humans.

Does WIS need human coaches to play Hoops Dynasty?  Yes - in fact, D1 looked like a ghost town.

So you're saying that the worst jobs in D1 that are never, ever filled (these teams have been SIM AI for 40+ seasons) that a paying customer needs to be a continuous player in order to reap the rewards of such a program?

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

There have always been players who wanted to pay extra to start playing HD at D1 instead of D3. By your logic, WIS should allow that. I disagree.
I've already worked my way up to D1 and logged seasons there. This is not a free pass.
Yes it is. You said yourself your last team went autopilot from neglect, but you're thinking because of your past participation, you should get to go straight back to D1. WIS has decided you shouldn't. I don't consider WIS's position absurd.
2/23/2013 1:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
one lesson here is that if you lose interest it is better to stop playing - WIS will let you drop a team - go on hiatus - better than autopilot bad seasons
2/23/2013 6:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by colonels19 on 2/23/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by m4284850 on 2/23/2013 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 2/22/2013 10:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm of the ilk that if you've coached at D1 in a world at any point, you should always be qualified for at least one D- job.  What it comes down to is WIS grandstanding on its dumb rules/job policies (restrictions) that say that the company would rather make no money trying to force an arguably qualified coach to coach a D2 team until they become eligible (which is an incredibly sliding scale with no guarantees), as opposed to letting them coach at a bottom basement D1 school...I guess that's what gets my eyre the most...it's just dumb and pointless.

I guess my argument is, you shouldn't have to "earn" the right to coach D1, over and over and over again...once you make it, you've made it, period...I think the game would benefit from this mantra.

I disagree... You have to be good at coaching at D-, its one of the toughest things to do in the game. I think your idea would permanently scare coaches from D1 or even HD out of frustration.
Well I disagree with your disagreeance...being a ****** coach is going to "scare" someone out of D1 forever...LOFL!  I'd guess that 90-95% of the coaches on here would stick to it, and fight to succeed...hell many of you already have and are currently doing so.

I pretty much say all the time that D2 is the place to be in HD.  With that said, I would still like another crack at coaching D1, I guess I feel enthused enough at this time to carry 2 teams (I have for much of the last year), but again, I don't feel like I should have to "re-qualify" for D1...I earned my spot in D1 a long time ago and I shouldn't have to do it again.  Seasoned D1 vets may scoff at my posts, I don't know how they feel, but they'd be out of touch anyhow.  It's annoying especially with how many D1 job openings there are across the board.

Again to bottom line this...

WIS tells me to play D2 for however many seasons it would take to get to D1 when I've played 3 seasons at D1 previously and won a conference (division) championship...I'm not going to play

WIS allows me to coach at D1 because I've coached at D1 previously...I'm going to pay to play in a heartbeat.

WIS is kind of limiting their revenue by running the game as they do.  I certainly feel like you should have to earn your spot in D1, there's no doubt about it, but once you do, in the words of Sam J. Jones in the movie "Ted"...You're golden, pony boy

Um yeah, Ive talked to quite a few coaches who have said that after a few struggling seasons at low D1 they've decided D1 wasn't for them, and either we're done with the game or D1, often already, why make it even more prevalent? If a coach has more experience at D2 he's more prepared for the rigors of D1, you don't want him to just get thrown to the wolves right away.
2/23/2013 7:38 PM
If any coach thinks that D1 isn't for them, they should simply move down to D2, they shouldn't be FORCED to play D2 because they've been away from the game for a while.

Just look at it from the business standpoint though...would you rather have a player paying to play in a division (D1) that he/she at one point EARNED the right to play at, or would you rather have them on the sidelines, refusing to play because you're grandstanding on rules?  Option A is the obvious choice, no?  They earned the right to coach in D1, they're going to pay for your product/service...slam. effing. dunk.

If a guy plays D1 and sucks, what's the harm?  WIS makes money, you win more games, and the boob user is probably still providing stiffer competition v. you/other users/sim ai than the average sim ai would.  Why is it your prerogative how someone plays/wants to play the game?  As long as they've earned the right to coach at the D1 level the first time and aren't out to sabotage the game/other users, I don't really see what the problem is.

Some of you guys act like you're holders of some kind of sacred covenant of the game that doesn't exist...you think you're upholding the sanctity and integrity of the game, when in reality you're just perpetuating this nonsense by basically saying, "nothing's wrong, you effed up, eff off".  NO...if you guys were in tcochran's predicament or a predicament similar to mine where you've coached D1 before and are no longer allowed to, I think you'd have a different viewpoint.

If you want fuller worlds, especially in D1, loosen the restrictions...the people that play and/or have played D1 have already earned the right to participate in that division, regardless of the success or lackthereof they will have in said division.

2/23/2013 9:03 PM
I'm just a newbie at the game. But it makes more sense to let him coach a d-1 team IF he's qualified. And apparently he is qualified because he isn't being told he's unqualified.

Look at the real life version of this. Bobby Cremins left Georgia Tech as a disaster. He took a few years off, decided to coach again, ended up at College of Charleston. Lefty Driesell blew up Maryland's program, landed at Georgia St.

The guy isn't saying I was coach at Kentucky, but quit, so now I want to coach Georgetown. He's saying I had a D-1 job, I quit. There's a D-1 opening, I'd like to have it. Should be no different than us starting a d-3 and getting a job. Pay your money, apply for an opening, If no other human applies, congratulations you're the coach!
2/23/2013 9:42 PM
Posted by iamjoeyd on 2/23/2013 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I'm just a newbie at the game. But it makes more sense to let him coach a d-1 team IF he's qualified. And apparently he is qualified because he isn't being told he's unqualified.

Look at the real life version of this. Bobby Cremins left Georgia Tech as a disaster. He took a few years off, decided to coach again, ended up at College of Charleston. Lefty Driesell blew up Maryland's program, landed at Georgia St.

The guy isn't saying I was coach at Kentucky, but quit, so now I want to coach Georgetown. He's saying I had a D-1 job, I quit. There's a D-1 opening, I'd like to have it. Should be no different than us starting a d-3 and getting a job. Pay your money, apply for an opening, If no other human applies, congratulations you're the coach!
It seems to me that he is being told he's unqualified. Being overqualified for a D2 job doesn't mean you're qualified for a D1 job.

But maybe there's part of the story I don't know.
2/23/2013 10:24 PM (edited)
Posted by taniajane on 2/23/2013 6:07:00 PM (view original):
agree......you let a team most likely run it self into the ground, and then expect that you should be allowed to maybe do the same again automatically?
You realize these are SIM AI teams that nobody in the history of the world has wanted to coach, right?  I am paying WIS to play and I'm not harming anybody else even if I did let another team go on autopilot.  I realize now how WIS gets away from poor service and lack of updates to their games - it's because they've got so many tards like this playing.
2/24/2013 11:00 AM
Posted by tcochran on 2/24/2013 11:00:00 AM (view original):
agree......you let a team most likely run it self into the ground, and then expect that you should be allowed to maybe do the same again automatically?
You realize these are SIM AI teams that nobody in the history of the world has wanted to coach, right?  I am paying WIS to play and I'm not harming anybody else even if I did let another team go on autopilot.  I realize now how WIS gets away from poor service and lack of updates to their games - it's because they've got so many tards like this playing.
Yes, you are harming other coaches by letting your team go on autopilot.  Everyone in your conference had to face a ghost ship team, which in turn hurt their RPI/SOS, their seedings in the NT (or may have caused a borderline team to miss the tourney altogether), potentially lowered their odds of winning a game in the NT because of a worse seed, which translates into THEM getting less credits (real money) for their seasons.  So, yes, every other human team in your conference suffered by you ghost shipping your team.
2/24/2013 11:21 AM
I understand your initial frustration.

Although I understand it far less after learning that you let the team run into the ground on autopilot.

First, whether a team is sim or not, there are basic qualifications you need to hit to qualify for that program. The litmus test is not simply, "Is this job open?", it's "Is it open, and do I qualify?" Making it meaningful to hit DI (and then other levels within DI) makes all the sense in the world.

Second, you're basically trying to ignore the fact that after you got to DI, you crapped the bed -- and you think there should be absolutely no penalty or drawback to that. You can't just hit the re-set button. Those seasons happened, and they impact your resume.

So it seems perfectly reasonable to me that if you barely qualified for low DI before, then things went terribly wrong once you got there, that you'd need to prove yourself just a bit before another DI school came calling.

2/24/2013 11:41 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 2/23/2013 9:03:00 PM (view original):
If any coach thinks that D1 isn't for them, they should simply move down to D2, they shouldn't be FORCED to play D2 because they've been away from the game for a while.

Just look at it from the business standpoint though...would you rather have a player paying to play in a division (D1) that he/she at one point EARNED the right to play at, or would you rather have them on the sidelines, refusing to play because you're grandstanding on rules?  Option A is the obvious choice, no?  They earned the right to coach in D1, they're going to pay for your product/service...slam. effing. dunk.

If a guy plays D1 and sucks, what's the harm?  WIS makes money, you win more games, and the boob user is probably still providing stiffer competition v. you/other users/sim ai than the average sim ai would.  Why is it your prerogative how someone plays/wants to play the game?  As long as they've earned the right to coach at the D1 level the first time and aren't out to sabotage the game/other users, I don't really see what the problem is.

Some of you guys act like you're holders of some kind of sacred covenant of the game that doesn't exist...you think you're upholding the sanctity and integrity of the game, when in reality you're just perpetuating this nonsense by basically saying, "nothing's wrong, you effed up, eff off".  NO...if you guys were in tcochran's predicament or a predicament similar to mine where you've coached D1 before and are no longer allowed to, I think you'd have a different viewpoint.

If you want fuller worlds, especially in D1, loosen the restrictions...the people that play and/or have played D1 have already earned the right to participate in that division, regardless of the success or lackthereof they will have in said division.

I just think one should have to earn a spot in D1, it shouldn't be handed to them, this ismjustnfor developments sake. If your proposition had been in place when I first started playing the game, I would've been up to D1 after just 1 D3 season, I would have been atrocious at D1, i would have gotten frustrated, and may have quit the game.
2/24/2013 12:14 PM
Eventually, everyone's true character always shines through.
2/24/2013 12:23 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/24/2013 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Hey, KC - like your nickname. Go Devils!
2/24/2013 12:32 PM
Posted by jc1796 on 2/24/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/24/2013 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Hey, KC - like your nickname. Go Devils!
Thanks -- Fear the Fork! We had a bad loss against Washington last night, but still squarely on the bubble...
2/24/2013 1:20 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.