Best-(and longest-)ever e-mail from a prospect Topic

After years of e-mails ranging from "Great talking, we should keep in touch" to "Boy howdy, your school is the place for me, just say the word and I'm there!", I got this as the result of a HC home visit:

(quote)
SHHH-BANG! That's what I'm talking about! I was so excited to see you at the house, my momma had to hose down the carpet three times. She said she hadn't seen anybody so excited since the day they delivered grandpappy's Russian mail-order bride. She didn't speak a lick of English, but grandpappy didn't seem to mind. I'm not sure what she saw in him, but she must've seen something 'cuz they would go at it like two gophers at a carrot. Grandpappy died of some heart mischief later and his bride got all his belongings and money to soothe her aching heart. She's living in Beverly Hills now. She seems to be doing fine, but she won't return our calls anymore. Speaking of calls...how come you haven't returned any of my calls. I tried to call every hour to check on my status. I even found your home number, but something must be wrong, because it says its disconnected now. If you're having trouble paying those folks at the phone company, never you mind.

Why, once for about three years we had no phones 'cuz daddy couldn't get off'n his lazy butt to go get a job. He even tried doing one of them Wal-mart jobs of saying 'Hey, welcome to Wal-mart', but he kept messing it up. Momma had enough of that. She went out and got herself a new daddy. I don't see him much, but I think he must work all day, since he only comes by at night to call on momma and they go at it like pappy use to with his Russian gal. Funny though, he always sounds different, but momma doesn't mind only seeing him for a few hours every night. One time someone asked her what she did for a living and she said she was in the oldest profession - so I think she's a secretary or something. Anyways, you stop back, okay? Momma would love to talk to you again. She kept ranting about your pretty eyes, but I told her she must be crazy. I'll talk to ya later - when you get your phone undisconnected - and I can't wait to play for you and Colorado St., Pueblo.
Love ya, man!
(end quote)

2/24/2013 8:56 AM
sigh ................
2/24/2013 11:06 AM
At least it's been awhile since someone's posted it Mully.
2/24/2013 11:16 AM
no worries OP, we've all been entranced by this literally masterpiece at one point. Welcome to the club...
2/24/2013 11:27 AM
I love that response.
2/24/2013 11:54 AM
Sorry, maybe there should be a FAQ for it, so people don't keep posting it here?

2/24/2013 12:37 PM
No, I like the reactions that are given when someone asks about it.

AAWWWW MAAAAN. This one AGAIN. WTF! Come on!!! Weve all seen it!

It entertains me.

Dont say sorry! Its not your fault!
2/24/2013 12:44 PM
I remember when i first posted this. i didn't realize two others had posted it the SAME day. Talk about awkward lol
2/24/2013 4:37 PM
I find myself saying SHHHH-BANG!  every now and then....
2/24/2013 5:18 PM
I've actually never gotten this response
2/24/2013 5:40 PM
Posted by clouseb on 2/24/2013 5:40:00 PM (view original):
I've actually never gotten this response
make sure you post when you do.  the people that post on the forums love it.     
2/24/2013 6:36 PM
I've never gotten it but I'll be sure to post it if and when I do.

2/25/2013 9:09 AM
Best-(and longest-)ever e-mail from a prospect Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.