Did he just drop? Topic

Been targeting a guy from the beginning and I have been a backup the whole time.

8am got this message: 
Coach, I told my mom how much you want me to play at Air Force. She told me to just be honest with you - so here goes:

I really don't think I'll be playing for you next season. I just think my other options look more appealing at this point.

Then at 11am I got this one: 
Coach, you have quite a bit more selling to do - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no yet, but I don't know enough about your program to give you an answer.

Im not sure if he dropped or not, seems like he did, but not the usual Im ready to talk now message. 

So what yall think?
2/24/2013 11:23 AM
is he considering anyone else?
2/24/2013 11:26 AM
Nope
2/24/2013 11:32 AM
You can recruit him straight up.
2/24/2013 11:39 AM
Thanks tianyi!
2/24/2013 11:40 AM
If you ever wonder if the guy has dropped to you do a new search for him.  Look for the guys exact athleticism (or any other attribute) and see if he shows up in your division now.  If he does he dropped, if not you still have to wait
2/24/2013 11:47 AM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 2/24/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Thanks tianyi!
The second message "you have more selling to do" is the message I get when I recruit a player but haven't put in enough effort to sign him (such as in cases where I informed RS) or in cases of a battle. I think you can recruit him straight up (95% sure) but generally when a player drops, there's a different message.
2/24/2013 11:55 AM
Posted by milwood on 2/24/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
If you ever wonder if the guy has dropped to you do a new search for him.  Look for the guys exact athleticism (or any other attribute) and see if he shows up in your division now.  If he does he dropped, if not you still have to wait
Thanks but I new this already, but doesnt matter in this case. Im in DI
2/24/2013 12:41 PM
Posted by milwood on 2/24/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Not applicable. He's in D-1.
2/25/2013 12:33 PM
that look in your division trick doesnt always work, either. minimally, for really close (70 mi) players, and for guys you have pulled down, but possibly for other ones. i dont think its supposed to be other ones, but you have guys in your division you cant even talk to, and i am pretty sure ive ran into guys not super close above a division who would talk to me straight away. not many absolutes in recruiting anymore, sad to say... seble really messed that area up, by far the biggest introduction of bugs with his new engine rewrite. still, its probably safe, if you know the caveats...

its also safe to send visits, assuming it is still the case that players who arent immediately recruitable have a 100% chance of rejecting your visits and refunding your money. can players still reject HVs but make you pay for it (doesnt show as rejected)? i feel like that was guys in your own division only, but havent seen it in forever - not that i was looking...
2/25/2013 1:13 PM
Did he just drop? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.