PSEUDO OT: Favorite Basketball Game Topic

Hey guys,

Just trying to get some ideas for future challenges and am really looking for a good, challenging basketball game that I may not have heard of or simply have overlooked in the past, thus I'd like to know...

On any platform (Console, Computer, Internet, etc) what is your favorite basketball game of all time?  Perhaps list a top 3 if you like, just curious to get some banter going and some opinions here.

If you're curious about some of mine...

Hoops Dynasty
NBA 2K5 (PS2)
NBA Live '96 (SNES)
NBA Jam Tournament Edition (SNES)
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball (SNES)

3/5/2013 7:14 PM
I have been trying to find the same exact thing too
3/5/2013 7:25 PM
NCAA March Madness '06 (PS2)
3/5/2013 7:48 PM
Ever hear of strat-o-matic?  If someone could develop a live online version of that, I would be a player and an investor.
3/5/2013 8:11 PM
Posted by tbird9423 on 3/5/2013 8:11:00 PM (view original):
Ever hear of strat-o-matic?  If someone could develop a live online version of that, I would be a player and an investor.
I have the board game version
3/5/2013 8:13 PM
Any of the College Hoops 2K series.  My personal favorite was 2k4 which in my opinion has the best Legacy/Dynasty mode ever. I believe it was one of the first to have interactive recruiting where you got feedback from players via calls and emails etc.  Had in-season recruiting too.  You could even watch recruits play in tournaments and all-star games. Overall just a great basketball game for those that liked building a coaching profile. 
3/5/2013 8:28 PM
Boom-shak-a-la-ka
3/5/2013 9:08 PM
I liked the NBA Live games in the Mid-90s even if it was crazy flawed.

I recall Ed Pinckney was unstoppable on fade-away 3 pointers.
3/5/2013 9:20 PM
Posted by dvgagz on 3/5/2013 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Any of the College Hoops 2K series.  My personal favorite was 2k4 which in my opinion has the best Legacy/Dynasty mode ever. I believe it was one of the first to have interactive recruiting where you got feedback from players via calls and emails etc.  Had in-season recruiting too.  You could even watch recruits play in tournaments and all-star games. Overall just a great basketball game for those that liked building a coaching profile. 
Was that the one with Josh Childress (Stanford?) on the cover...I have that game and I think it plays pretty/very well.
3/5/2013 9:45 PM
That NCAA basketball game on SNES where I could rain threes with the Oklahoma State center.... Lark I believe
3/5/2013 10:11 PM
Posted by paynebrow on 3/5/2013 10:11:00 PM (view original):
That NCAA basketball game on SNES where I could rain threes with the Oklahoma State center.... Lark I believe
YES  Holy 20 year flashback
3/5/2013 10:47 PM
I stopped playing video games like 15 years ago, er around the the millenium, anyways my friend had the 'Dreamcast' and we used to battle on the 2K games then play the actual arcade pop-a-shot ..you know you shoot as many baskets in 60 seconds  he had that game in his basement  my J was sweet
3/5/2013 10:50 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/5/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Was that the one with Josh Childress (Stanford?) on the cover...I have that game and I think it plays pretty/very well.
It's the one before it with TJ Ford on the cover. The Childress one and the others after it were also pretty good but I think 2K4 set the standard. 
3/5/2013 11:10 PM
Posted by paynebrow on 3/5/2013 10:11:00 PM (view original):
I own this game, it is sooooooo ridiculously slow, but it was the first college basketball game where you could play a season if I'm not mistaken...it had a boatload of teams, like 8 real conferences...pretty "chic" for its time, but the game play was rather underwhelming
3/5/2013 11:18 PM
Posted by dvgagz on 3/5/2013 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 3/5/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
It's the one before it with TJ Ford on the cover. The Childress one and the others after it were also pretty good but I think 2K4 set the standard. 
Ahhh thanks, I might have to peep this if I can get my hands on it.
3/5/2013 11:18 PM
12 Next ▸
PSEUDO OT: Favorite Basketball Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.