Posted by jsajsa on 3/10/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 3/8/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):We'll add that Oglethorpe is going to be open in the USA South, proud spitter in the face of the notion of a "big 4" by sending two teams to the final four and finishing 2nd in conference RPI.
Posted by aghander on 3/8/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):That's not entirely true actually.
Only conference among top 6 in RPI with any openings. We were 4th in RPI last season.
Three openings right now, including Illinois Wesleyan. They run motion/FCP and will have 7 seniors next season. Easy program to rebuild with that scholarship money and the tournament cash.
Minnesota has one opening currently, and Carleton will be opening up next season due to dac dropping some of his teams. Midwest also has one opening.
But, you can't really go wrong with any of these conferences.
For the record, it's has to officially be a "big seven" now.
speaking of Big 7, final conference prestiges are out that support this statement:
1. Midwest Conference B 205-154 .5784 .5772
2. USA South Athletic Conference B- 198-152 .5743 .5700
3. Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference B- 189-162 .5652 .5632
4. New Jersey Athletic Conference B- 199-156 .5669 .5618
5. Upstate Collegiate Athletic Conference B 191-157 .5611 .5603
6. College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin B- 192-159 .5610 .5538
7. Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association B- 179-163 .5355 .5315
Second decimal is the RPI, first is SOS