In the need for 1 Hero Topic

Posted by jpmills3 on 3/12/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Wooden World - New Jersey Conference (D3)

Richard (Dick) Stockton is available.

This is a top 6 team in the NJAC North Division.  How can you turn it down???

We were 4th in conference RPI last season and should be improved next season.  

Also, we have a solid amount of tourney money.  So that is good.
http://whatif.cincinnatti.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=3819

~$3,700 in postseason cash to work with.

New coach signups start in the wee hours of Thursday morning, recruiting starts Friday evening.
3/12/2013 5:05 PM
Finally have heroes vs villains this season!!! USA South vs NJ!!!

It then of course becomes my obligation to point out the the villains had a better RPI and have more postseason money then you pesky little heroes :)

(then it becomes the hero's obligation to triumph in our matchup as heroes do, which you probably will since it appears the villains are on the younger side this season).

...a bump to fill the new openings in both conferences...

3/12/2013 5:18 PM
top six in the division.... i laughed +1, free bump, whatever
3/12/2013 6:04 PM
This is a fun conference and very active. My team finished ahead of  of Richard Stockton so I'm a top five team in the division.
3/12/2013 8:27 PM
amazingly (haha) nobody took Dicky Stock in the Jobs process, so it's still open to new coaches in Wooden....grab it while you can!  Recruiting starts tomorrow, ~$3,700 in postseason cash to work with.

http://whatif.cincinnatti.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=3819

3/14/2013 8:57 AM
Utica in Naismith will be open next season as well.  Pathetic HD "customer service" has driven me to quit.
6/19/2013 2:01 PM
Might have to give it a shot at NJC. Been a long time since I had a DIII squad though
6/19/2013 6:54 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 6/19/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Utica in Naismith will be open next season as well.  Pathetic HD "customer service" has driven me to quit.
sorry to hear that man, what actually pushed you over the edge?
6/19/2013 7:11 PM
A couple minor issues, neither that would normally push me out, but it's seble's response that has done it.

The first was at the end of last season, I think my team finished with a 70ish RPI and I fully expected to make the PIT, but I did not.  I sent in a ticket to ask why, specifically asking that they NOT link me to selection criteria - I know what those are, but I found it odd that a team with that sort of RPI would not make it.  So of course they linked me to the page that I explicitly told them NOT to link me to.  This was frustrating, but minor, so I moved on.

So then during the job change period, I apply for one job - the ONLY job that I wanted and the whole reason that I returned to the game after a year off.  I was quite surprised to see it given to a team who is now moving to his 4th team in about 6 seasons.  This coaches success is slightly higher than mine, which is fine, but the CS response drove me out.

I asked what was going on.  The initial response was blah blah, jobs consider success, loyalty, reputation, and experience.  Well, okay, I've got this guy beat on three of those, so I don't understand the outcome.  The exchange goes on then I get "upgraded", I assume to seble, who now tells me that loyalty and reputation don't matter at D3.  Direct contradiction from what I was told earlier in the ticket.

I'm already annoyed at not getting the job I feel I should have gotten, and then being fed misinformation from CS.  So I say, okay, fine, but I was mislead, so I'd like a a season as compensation for that misinformation.  Seble becomes non response and makes it clear that he will do nothing to show any type of appreciation of my business.   I've sent more tickets over the past couple of days, still no response from seble.  This is how he does business.

Some of you might think this is stupid, maybe it is, but I'd like to have the feeling that someone appreciates my business??  If not, I'll take it elsewhere, which I am now doing.

6/19/2013 8:31 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 6/19/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
A couple minor issues, neither that would normally push me out, but it's seble's response that has done it.

The first was at the end of last season, I think my team finished with a 70ish RPI and I fully expected to make the PIT, but I did not.  I sent in a ticket to ask why, specifically asking that they NOT link me to selection criteria - I know what those are, but I found it odd that a team with that sort of RPI would not make it.  So of course they linked me to the page that I explicitly told them NOT to link me to.  This was frustrating, but minor, so I moved on.

So then during the job change period, I apply for one job - the ONLY job that I wanted and the whole reason that I returned to the game after a year off.  I was quite surprised to see it given to a team who is now moving to his 4th team in about 6 seasons.  This coaches success is slightly higher than mine, which is fine, but the CS response drove me out.

I asked what was going on.  The initial response was blah blah, jobs consider success, loyalty, reputation, and experience.  Well, okay, I've got this guy beat on three of those, so I don't understand the outcome.  The exchange goes on then I get "upgraded", I assume to seble, who now tells me that loyalty and reputation don't matter at D3.  Direct contradiction from what I was told earlier in the ticket.

I'm already annoyed at not getting the job I feel I should have gotten, and then being fed misinformation from CS.  So I say, okay, fine, but I was mislead, so I'd like a a season as compensation for that misinformation.  Seble becomes non response and makes it clear that he will do nothing to show any type of appreciation of my business.   I've sent more tickets over the past couple of days, still no response from seble.  This is how he does business.

Some of you might think this is stupid, maybe it is, but I'd like to have the feeling that someone appreciates my business??  If not, I'll take it elsewhere, which I am now doing.

Well, what did you want, for them to break down the exact formula for you?  Your team, compared to the others, was deficient in some few areas of that formula which put them below other teams.  The Selection criteria ARE the reason you didn't make it and other teams did.

And then quitting because you didn't get free play from not liking an answer you got?  Not because you suffered any real injury, but just because you didn't like the answer?  The changed answer didn't effect you materially in any way, you were no worse off after it than before it.  People seem to think every time anything at all happens which they don't like in any way, they deserve free seasons from it.

6/20/2013 1:10 AM
I'm quitting because they wouldn't even move an inch to retain my business. 

It's simple math, really.  You give up a single free season now.  Then I buy one the next month, and the month after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and so on.

I play another online game which is more than happy to compensate.  The understand that if they keep me happy, I'll continue to spend money month after month.  They understand the long-term, big picture. 

I understand why I did not get the job that I wanted, I'm okay with it, but it would be nice for them to make SOME effort to show me that they appreciate my business??  Otherwise I'll take it somewhere else.

EDIT: And it's not because I didn't like the answer that I got it.  That's that they gave me different answers over the course of the conversation, backtracking on what they said earlier.  But the big issue is, if they don't want my money, I'll find someone who does.

6/20/2013 9:02 AM (edited)
So, you are quitting because they wouldn't bribe you?  

6/20/2013 10:08 AM
No, because they do not provide customer service, and do not value my business.  You also seem unable to comprehend big picture.

You people act like I'm obligated to continue pouring money into a company who treats its customers like dirt.   You're welcome to do so, but I am choosing not to.

I was reluctant to tell the story here, because I figured some people would respond this way.

6/20/2013 11:16 AM
Not bribing you is treating you like dirt?  You aren't obligated to pay money by any means.  You are perfectly free to be petty.  The big picture is that you got perfectly valid answers, but you didn't like the perfectly valid answers that in no way injured you and are demanding compensation for your non-injury.

6/20/2013 11:26 AM
Sorry, but engaging in customer retention and providing customer service is not "bribery."  It's actually just a good business model.  I pray no one here tries to open a business. 

So a perfectly valid answer = "loyalty, reputation, experience and success matter, oh wait, actually we're going to say that loyalty and reputation don't matter in this case, nevermind."  Nice logic.

Too many seble apologists in this thread.  I'll be on my way.

6/20/2013 12:15 PM
12 Next ▸
In the need for 1 Hero Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.