Which Wooden D3 conference? Topic

Posted by jsajsa on 3/14/2013 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Haven't you been keeping up with the threads, pep? As the villains...we're supposed to be the bad guys! Saying reprehensible things is simply sticking to character.
Ha...fair enough. You guys always did seem a little villainesque. Maybe you can usurp Upstate's throne of villainy! 
3/15/2013 12:39 AM
HA!
3/15/2013 8:57 AM
I thought Capital in Naismith was the toughest D3 conference? I am free off a National Title there, so maybe that was too easy, is it Wooden D3 now? I can never remember which one is the best. 

I can't win in Wooden because FB/Press is basically impossible at D3 and I hate recruiting the crappy high speed-high stamina-low skill players that are needed to run it. I have only been there for under 10 seasons though, so give me a break and take a look at my other teams before you start piling on about how un-elite I am.
3/16/2013 3:35 AM
FB/Press is impossible at D3?

Not in Wooden. See Beloit
3/16/2013 10:07 AM
I hate recruiting the crappy high speed-high stamina-low skill players that are needed to run it.
3/16/2013 4:15 PM
Then playing something besides FB/Press seems like the obvious answer...

btw University conf in Naismith will be the toughest in all of D3 very soon.  Really it already is, but the teams still suck in year 2 of the takeover. 

also Wooden D3 >>> Naismith D3 as a whole
3/16/2013 5:39 PM
Posted by killbatman on 3/16/2013 5:39:00 PM (view original):

btw University conf in Naismith will be the toughest in all of D3 very soon.  Really it already is, but the teams still suck in year 2 of the takeover. 

This. 

I've already found Naismith recruiting to be WAY easier than Wooden recruiting. So, in terms of competition...Wooden is definitely >>> Naismith....thus far. However, I have a sneaking suspicion I might end up enjoying Naismith more just because you can actually sign good players on a consistent basis. Recruiting in Wooden can wear on you at times...

P.S. We might have to arrange a University-Capital challenge at some point in the near future. 
3/16/2013 7:48 PM
I hope I wasn't taken too seriously... didn't mean to insult anyone's hd skills... 

In terms of pure coaching talent Naismith University >>> any DIII conference I've seen. Right now: Wooden DIII is definitely tougher than Naismith. I don't know any other world where a 63/68 ATH/DEF team (Ike's, what was it exactly?) gets bounced in the 2nd round and it wasn't even really an upset). There's something you don't see often. All my opinion... I'm still bummed I had better than a 60/60/60 with skills and couldn't win the title with that :( lol
3/16/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/16/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
I hope I wasn't taken too seriously... didn't mean to insult anyone's hd skills... 

In terms of pure coaching talent Naismith University >>> any DIII conference I've seen. Right now: Wooden DIII is definitely tougher than Naismith. I don't know any other world where a 63/68 ATH/DEF team (Ike's, what was it exactly?) gets bounced in the 2nd round and it wasn't even really an upset). There's something you don't see often. All my opinion... I'm still bummed I had better than a 60/60/60 with skills and couldn't win the title with that :( lol
this basically sums up wooden.  its brutal. 

3/16/2013 9:22 PM
Posted by killbatman on 3/16/2013 5:39:00 PM (view original):

well, you took the 12 best coaches from wooden and put them in one conference. . . .  of course
(dont know if all 12 are from wooden, but its close)

and we shall see if you get better.  coaches need to stay. . . . . its tough to keep it together. 

we did this exact same thing before.  We took over the University Conference in Crum about 30 seasons ago.  Only lasted for about an 8 season stretch. 

3/16/2013 9:26 PM
wooden is the real deal - Allen NAC is pretty good too though.
3/16/2013 9:52 PM
That's a fair point mrp.  I hope we can keep the group together for longer than that, because it's been a lot of fun for me so far (despite going 7-20 in year 1).

"Recruiting in Wooden can wear on you at times"
pep, I completely agree with that.  Not to make excuses, but that's definitely part of why I had a few bad classes in a row and crashed with that 10-18 season 62.  You have to work harder to maintain success in D3 Wooden than in any other environment I've been in.  Naismith recruiting has been a cakewalk by comparison, even with C- prestige.

3/16/2013 10:01 PM
the NAC allen coaches (or the best coaches from other conferences in d3) should grab an open conference and join naismith.   let's do this!!!
3/16/2013 10:36 PM

Indeed it was. And you're right, it was maybe a slight upset, but not unexpected. 

But in fairness, pep told me all year how much my lack of offense was going to hold me back, and he was right all along.
3/17/2013 12:07 AM
Posted by ike1024 on 3/17/2013 12:07:00 AM (view original):

Indeed it was. And you're right, it was maybe a slight upset, but not unexpected. 

But in fairness, pep told me all year how much my lack of offense was going to hold me back, and he was right all along.
Despite what I said, your early exit is still a big surprise to me. I thought your elite defense would take you further than the 2nd round. But, I guess that just goes to show how important balance is in HD. Billy has been preaching that for quite some time...guess we all need to take heed!
3/17/2013 5:10 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Which Wooden D3 conference? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.