what am i missing, WOTS messages Topic

for years, when potential came out, i had no trouble *ever* with any of my high end schools, getting to tight with recruits. 10 HVs + start always worked for me, on an A+. now maybe those A+s were good, but with dozens of recruits over many seasons, that cant have all been that good. im sort of dumbfounded by my recent experience with south carolina. last season, on an A, i think 22HVs + start + minutes didnt get me tight (or else 22 did, and 20 didnt), and this season, with a strong A+ (4 draft picks and a title), i couldnt get a guy tight with 12HV + start + minutes.

i havent paid attention to WOTS in years, very possibly, since seble wrote the new engine. can anyone else with an A+ speak to their experience getting tight with a relatively small amount of effort? have others been able to get people tight for 10HVs? is anyone aware of that realm of stuff changing at any point - i dont remember reading anything in the notes, but a million things seem to have changed in the new engine, and its sort of amazed me a few times already in the last year (since i had a renewed interest in the game) how many things i was just now finding out about, years later, so it makes me think this might be one more of those things...

3/14/2013 9:57 PM
has anyone possibly noticed a decrease in the value of HVs to bolster the value of CVs? i remember like a year ago someone sent me a case study on CVs:HVs that was pretty compelling that my 2:1 value was wrong, despite looking at about 40 battles that it fit for - but one school was an A+, and i wasnt sure how high they might be, so i figured that could justify it (they won when i wouldnt have expected them to). and lately a couple other weird things have come up. weird to me - which means, pre-new engine, when i actually had a clue what was going on.

i tried something a few times with south carolina, with my first d1 a+ in forever (and a day), that you cant do on an a, and it all worked. recruiting has made progressively less and less sense the more ive looked at it since my "return", and im not sure why, if its me, if its my situations, or if seble made more changes (intentional or otherwise) than i ever realized. that whole, breaking international letters thing, that definitely contributed significant confusion, but theres a lot more throwing me off than that, i think.
3/14/2013 10:05 PM
Recruiting in Rupp starts on Tuesday so you might get more answers if you bump this up around then.
3/15/2013 12:30 AM
bump. anybody have a/a+ prestige d1 experience getting players to tight who wants to share? i feel like when i "left" the game, 100% of the time, 10HVs + start + scholarship = tight, for any A+ school i had, over multiple programs and a bunch of seasons. but now i have not been able to reproduce that. is south carolina just too ****** to get players to tight? 

i know an a+ has a lot of variation but off a title and 4 draft picks, i can hardly believe this is the worst A+ ive had by a significant margin (i put like 25% more effort in and still wasnt tight, and i put more than double in and wasnt tight last season on an A)
3/19/2013 9:13 PM
I have a couple teams in a+ in d2 and d3, and yes, I notice I never really seem to get to tight without an extreme amount of effort.

Granted this is not in d1, so not sure if its relevant.
3/19/2013 9:22 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/14/2013 10:05:00 PM (view original):
has anyone possibly noticed a decrease in the value of HVs to bolster the value of CVs? i remember like a year ago someone sent me a case study on CVs:HVs that was pretty compelling that my 2:1 value was wrong, despite looking at about 40 battles that it fit for - but one school was an A+, and i wasnt sure how high they might be, so i figured that could justify it (they won when i wouldnt have expected them to). and lately a couple other weird things have come up. weird to me - which means, pre-new engine, when i actually had a clue what was going on.

i tried something a few times with south carolina, with my first d1 a+ in forever (and a day), that you cant do on an a, and it all worked. recruiting has made progressively less and less sense the more ive looked at it since my "return", and im not sure why, if its me, if its my situations, or if seble made more changes (intentional or otherwise) than i ever realized. that whole, breaking international letters thing, that definitely contributed significant confusion, but theres a lot more throwing me off than that, i think.
I had a recent run-in that made me think there is a distinctly larger CV:HV ratio than expected (in the 4:1 range instead of 3:1 at most)...

It was this week, and may have been a one-off, but at some point anecdotes become reality around here. Curious to see if anyone else is wondering about this.

3/19/2013 11:44 PM
what am i missing, WOTS messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.