Longest tenured coach in HD? Topic

I'm taking same school, longest period of time, longest I know in my world (Tark) is countrdracula who has had Transylvania since Season 8! (What a perfect name/school combo by the way) so what is the longest you all know of?
3/16/2013 3:47 PM
I'm in my 63rd season with Transylvania in Iba World. I've been their only coach.   

Probably someone in a 2-a-day world has more seasons than that.

I'm also in my 62nd season with Kentucky State, (DII Smith), 60th season with Mars Hill (DII Wooden) and 59th season with Bowie St. (DII Rupp)

3/16/2013 4:02 PM (edited)
You don't get bored at all?
3/16/2013 3:59 PM
No,I still enjoy the game.  All my seasons have been at DII and DIII. I've never been interested in D1
3/16/2013 4:02 PM
I mean with the same team, and why no DI? Just doesn't get you going?
3/16/2013 4:09 PM
I've modeled my WIS coaching career after coaches like Clarence  'Big House' Gaines, who coached at DII Winston-Salem for 47 years.  He turned down DI jobs because he was happy where he was

Gaines, like me, was from western Kentucky. At the time of his retirement, only Adolph Rupp had won more games.  In 2005, he was honored at Rupp Arena during the UK-Kansas game. 

3/16/2013 4:25 PM (edited)
Obviously the 2-a-days make it easier to pile up seasons, but I bet if you looked at who's been at the same school for the longest *time*..then alblack is almost definitely at the top of that list.
3/16/2013 5:43 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/16/2013 4:25:00 PM (view original):
I've modeled my WIS coaching career after coaches like Clarence  'Big House' Gaines, who coached at DII Winston-Salem for 47 years.  He turned down DI jobs because he was happy where he was

Gaines, like me, was from western Kentucky. At the time of his retirement, only Adolph Rupp had won more games.  In 2005, he was honored at Rupp Arena during the UK-Kansas game. 

Props for you good sir, sounds like a good time!
3/16/2013 6:28 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/16/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):
I'm in my 63rd season with Transylvania in Iba World. I've been their only coach.   

Probably someone in a 2-a-day world has more seasons than that.

I'm also in my 62nd season with Kentucky State, (DII Smith), 60th season with Mars Hill (DII Wooden) and 59th season with Bowie St. (DII Rupp)

Somebody hates change, lol.
3/16/2013 6:48 PM
kmakice (Depauw) & norbert (St Norbert) don't get enough love for their tenures... both still at the same school since season 1 in Naismith
3/16/2013 8:34 PM
norbert works for WIS, fwiw...or he used to, not sure if he still does.

I would probably be in more worlds, but the game-a-day worlds are practically unbearable for me...too slow.

3/16/2013 8:46 PM
I agree..I hate the one a day worlds.  I really hate when I have an off day. 
3/16/2013 8:50 PM
Posted by hobobilly on 3/16/2013 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I'm taking same school, longest period of time, longest I know in my world (Tark) is countrdracula who has had Transylvania since Season 8! (What a perfect name/school combo by the way) so what is the longest you all know of?
in tark, emy/dcy has been at northeastern state in d2, since season 2 i believe. its the most seasons for anyone at 1 school, but i think there are coaches who have been at their school longer than tark has existed. id think alblack with 60+ one a day seasons would be one of those coaches, but not positive...
3/16/2013 9:22 PM
Weena's been at Concordia - St. Paul for 57 seasons in Knight...doesn't look like he's ever leaving
3/16/2013 9:28 PM
dirtyjerk has been at Upper Iowa in Knight since season 3. scottslotss has been at Howard Payne since season 2 in Knight. tracyr has been at SUNY Fredonia since season 1 in Knight. naturopath has been at Drew since season 1 in Knight. There are probably more as well.
3/17/2013 9:33 AM
12 Next ▸
Longest tenured coach in HD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.