This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This is a MUST read: http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763&Page=1 Aejones' "How to win ar DII and DIII" it will tell you everything you need to know.
3/17/2013 11:41 AM
It's also a good idea to get a mentor.  There's a list of interested people pinned in a forum topic that are available to be mentors 
3/17/2013 11:57 AM
feel free to site mail me for any specific questions to get started. Like the above posters said, click the link, it's very helpful. 
3/17/2013 12:05 PM
This game is the best on here, bar none...I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
3/17/2013 12:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
do it for a few seasons.  I played GD for 20 seasons or so and think the exact opposite
3/31/2013 7:41 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/31/2013 3:01:00 AM (view original):
After a couple of weeks how anybody can put this game above GD is beyond me. It ain't even close. My biggest issue is that I'm to use to all the tools of GD, ie guess reports and such. Also after playing GD for many seasons the navigation of this game is either very tough or archaic.
Funny, because I have the same view of GD...btw, aren't the GUESS reports generated by one of the users in GD?  To knock HD for not having something like that is unfair/unreasonable, though yraciv? has some kind of "recruiting buddy" that I personally find pointless, but some people apparently get some value out of.

I think it really says something about the quality of the game, when IRL, I enjoy college football probably 10 times as much as I do college basketball, yet on here I enjoy HD 100 times more than GD...again being a bigger cfb fan than cbb.

I remember waiting for GD to begin, there was a big 3 or 4 month wind-up and man, what a gigantic letdown...I think a lot of guys got soft dicks when it kicked off....how disappointing.

FWIW, I also see my opinion to be a lot more objective than yours, especially since I was around for both of these games' beginnings, but I guess this is a subjective post though...nonetheless, enjoy this post for its information and entertainment value.

3/31/2013 12:51 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/31/2013 12:51:00 PM (view original):
After a couple of weeks how anybody can put this game above GD is beyond me. It ain't even close. My biggest issue is that I'm to use to all the tools of GD, ie guess reports and such. Also after playing GD for many seasons the navigation of this game is either very tough or archaic.
Funny, because I have the same view of GD...btw, aren't the GUESS reports generated by one of the users in GD?  To knock HD for not having something like that is unfair/unreasonable, though yraciv? has some kind of "recruiting buddy" that I personally find pointless, but some people apparently get some value out of.

I think it really says something about the quality of the game, when IRL, I enjoy college football probably 10 times as much as I do college basketball, yet on here I enjoy HD 100 times more than GD...again being a bigger cfb fan than cbb.

I remember waiting for GD to begin, there was a big 3 or 4 month wind-up and man, what a gigantic letdown...I think a lot of guys got soft dicks when it kicked off....how disappointing.

FWIW, I also see my opinion to be a lot more objective than yours, especially since I was around for both of these games' beginnings, but I guess this is a subjective post though...nonetheless, enjoy this post for its information and entertainment value.

I get it, just surprised that somebody hasn't come up with a spreadsheet like it for here
3/31/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/31/2013 12:51:00 PM (view original):

+1
3/31/2013 3:32 PM
I think the exact opposite too.  One thing I like about this game, as opposed to GD is that you can build a powerful team in a shorter time period, because you only need to worry about recruiting 12 players - really less than that, but 12 at the most. Give it some more time, and you'll probably like this game better, or as well. I dropped GD and added more teams in HD.
3/31/2013 3:48 PM

Its funny because I joined HD simply because I was waiting for a world to open up in GD at the time. I signed up for both and here I am playing HD after 5 years now. I dropped GD very quickly. I found HD was much easier to navigate and just easier in general to understand.

4/1/2013 12:24 AM
I haven't played GD, but the REASON I haven't is because when I go through the tour of the game it looks like a train wreck compared to HD in terms of navigation. Again, that is with the caveat I haven't actually played GD.
4/1/2013 10:45 AM
I signed up for football as well and hated it.  This is 10 times better even though I don't feel like there has been much effort to improve this over the past year to year and a half. 
4/1/2013 11:00 AM
I'm hoping the new engine that's in beta will make GD playable again. The cluster**** that was unleashed two years ago was an abomination that never should have seen the light of day.
4/1/2013 11:24 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.