Ineligible Recruiting Topic

I guaranteed a starting spot and minutes to an ineligible and he ended up getting cleared to play. Is there a way to rescind this? Maybe by offering a redshirt? 

Thanks in advance,

AP 
3/21/2013 11:06 AM
assuming he hasn't signed yet you can clear promises by informing of redshirt. This will carry a negative recruiting impact however (even if you withdraw the inform of redshirt, either by checking the box on the recruiting tab or by clicking the withdraw on the history tab - the negative value is immediate), so if the start and minutes were all you put in he will likely not be considering you any more...
3/21/2013 11:08 AM
Thank you, Dac. I put in much more to try and make sure he shows up on campus. I appreciate the feedback. AP
3/21/2013 11:12 AM
What if he doesn't clear? I have a guy I was looking to redshirt anyways and he scored a 560 on his SAT's (I guess he barely spelled his name right). Does he sit fora  season and than can play the next year?
3/22/2013 7:01 PM
Posted by ekulka on 3/22/2013 7:01:00 PM (view original):
What if he doesn't clear? I have a guy I was looking to redshirt anyways and he scored a 560 on his SAT's (I guess he barely spelled his name right). Does he sit fora  season and than can play the next year?
Ineligibles can play immediately for D3 schools as long as their GPA remains 2.0 or above during the season (like any other recruit).  For D2 schools they sit out their first year if they don't clear, but still have 4 years of eligibility after they sit out that first season.  For D1 schools, they will only get that last 4th year if they maintain a 2.7 or higher cumulative GPA at the end of the 3rd year that they played.

So if you're recruiting him for your D3 school, he'll show up on campus and you can treat him like any other normal recruit.
3/22/2013 7:40 PM (edited)
Thanks buddhagamer
3/22/2013 10:58 PM
Posted by ekulka on 3/22/2013 7:01:00 PM (view original):
He didn't have a problem  spelling his name.  He usually just makes an 'X'. 

Plus, he's bi-lingual.  He can write an 'X' in both print and cursive
3/23/2013 7:03 AM (edited)
Ineligible Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.